“Great wait staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Gallup
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Not a chain, Badlands offers true New Mexico hospitality and taste- for those of you traveling through, it's the place where locals go when they want a meal that's truly a cut above the rest, and relax with friends and neighbors. There's no dress code...no pretentiousness...just beef that's been wet-aged for 21 days, cut in-house and cooked to order...combine these with an ice cold beer or excellent bottle of wine... and you've got the stuff a cattleman's dreams are made of!
Pocatello, Idaho
“Great wait staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Steak was fair, creme brulee was excellent. I had two! The wait staff was attentive, polite, and efficient, especially Ryan. The music was hits from the 70's - Score! I will go back next time I'm in Gallup

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Just one complaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

From the time we walked in til we walked out "almost perfection ". Waitstaff attentive glass never below half. Meals came with salad and soup, both dressing and soup made in house. I had blackened salmon and garlic mashed potatoes and husband had the 12outlaw oz NY strip with baked potato. The salmon may be the best I have ever had. The strip cooked to a perfect med rare and needed no steak sauce. Then heaven arrived in the form of Creme Brule. I have no words to describe it and I usually have words for everything. For the reviewers that said something about the price I can only say, "you pay for what you get". Worth every penny plus the $10+ tip. Now my one complaint. With real table cloths, nice table ware, why would you use PAPER napkins, even though they were large and colored?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Music too loud, but food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The sound system is tuned to a country music radio station which is okay, but it was too loud for my taste (and I wear hearing aids).

My husband had steak and I had a French-dip sandwich. Both tasty. I liked the sweet potato fries.

Typical beer list (mediocre for beer lovers) - one of the Isotope beers was listed as a lager, but turned out to be a blonde, which is an ale. Most people probably wouldn't care, but my husband objected. The waiter said the menu needed to be updated. When we got the bill, we were charged for TWO beers. We thought maybe they meant to take the one off because of the error, but when we pointed out the double charge, the corrected bill still charged us for one (which was okay).

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vacaville, CA
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The New York Strip with green chiles on top was wonderful! Waitress was very friendly and the inside atmosphere great as well.

Visited October 2012
“Loved This Place. LOVED It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were on a journey reviewing hotels and restaurants for a Rt. 66 Guidebook. While my husband is a carnivore, I prefer not to eat critters. My heart sank when I first saw the menu. His eyes lit up. Lots and lots of meat. However, I ordered a few of the side dishes--grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and a small salad. He ordered trout, although we have been here before and had steak. His meal and mine were absolutely phenomenal. Our waitress, Chelsea, was attentive and knowledgeable and the manager came by several times as well. They have a really good wine list but we were in a beer mood. The beers came cold, with chilled glasses. Dessert was a creme brulee that was excellent as well. Our bill for 3 beers, dinner for two including dessert was $70. A bargain. No question the Badlands Grill will be back in the guidebook, as it was in the last edition. It really is a great place.

• Visited October 2012