“Worst Hotel in Farmington” 1 of 5 stars

The Region Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 East Broadway, Farmington, NM 87401   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Worst Hotel in Farmington”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Breakfast is the "Worst" continental breakfast I've endured on a business trip yet. (Per the staff they are only allowed to spray the waffle iron only once during the day. My waffle had to be pried out of the iron. I was the only person there and I'm guessing the only other person who used it was the staff.
Room is the "Worst" I've had on a business trip (room was stuffy and smelled. Bed was uncomfortable and old.
Service was the "Worst" I've had. When asked where there was a machine for bottled water, I was informed there wasn't a delivery and they didn't have any available. No other help was offered. Arrived at 10pm on a reservation and was told that other doors were locked and parking was only around the back of the hotel. VERY POOR safety concerns by the Management of this hotel...
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Pick another hotel if you find yourself here in Farmington...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had a 2 day conference in Farmington and decided to spend the night last minute. Was very happy with my room as well as the rate! Check in was quick (I booked online), staff was friendly and my room was really comfortable. Would definitely come back if I ever were in Farmington overnight again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the third floor, late check in. The rooms are clean and modern, the breakfast is pretty standard, but I loved it, waffles, yogurt, bagels, cereal, juice, milk, some nutragrain bars. And it starts pretty early at 6:00 so I could get going on with the rest of my trip. I would stay here again A bit pricey though. Wifi is free and fast, easy to get to, no fridge though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manitou Springs CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is our fourth or fifth time staying here. We go to Farmington a lot to visit the Bisti Wilderness area. I think Danni has been at the front desk every time we have stayed. She is very helpful. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The price is great and the rooms facing the back are very quiet. The rooms are very clean. It is very close to the river walk trail. This time after arriving home we got a call from the Region Inn stating that we had forgotten something in the room. We left a timer for a camera. They mailed it back to us. I was so glad they found it and returned it. We will continue to stay there anytime we return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

As this hotel isn't part of a large chain, we were a little worried, but it turned out to be just fine. The rooms were clean and well kept, and the staff was nice. There is also a Mexican Restaurant in the hotel, which we didn't get to go to but looked quite nice.
We paid a decent rate at this hotel, so I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we were back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is a good value. My room was large enough and had a fridge microwave and coffee maker. Lots of the little things were paid attention too - extra coffee and shampoos etc. The room was clean, and quiet, the staff very friendly. The attached Mexican family restaurant open for lunch and supper was quite good. The free breakfast was average but fine. If you need a place to sleep in Farmington with good highway access, this is a good spot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, MO USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

After camping for over a week, we were in need of a clean motel with available laundry. The Region Inn was perfect. It is clean and has both a guest laundromat and an attached good Mexican Restaurant. We tossed in our clothes and migrated to the restaurant for good Mexican food. The rooms are large and clean! It also has a pretty good breakfast with waffles, fruit, yogurt and good OJ. We were happy with our choice of this motel.

Stayed October 2013

Been to The Region Inn? Share your experiences!