“Don't know which was worse the smell of smoke or noise” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Farmington

You added Rodeway Inn Farmington to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Farmington
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1601 East Broadway, Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly "Super 8")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Don't know which was worse the smell of smoke or noise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The first thing that disappointed me was that the advertised price on the sign outside was for $39.99 a night and when I was quoted a price $10 higher I was informed that that was their weekly rate. The hotel is older and drab and shabby. The staff was mostly friendly and accommodating. I felt slightly uneasy as a single traveling woman. The two reasons that I will probably not return are the fact that everything reeks of cigarette smoke. even the bedding of my non smoking room. I had a ground floor room and had people that woke me up at 4:40 in the morning stomping around their room. I am switching hotels for my second night and hope to have a better nights sleep tonight.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Oh my word. I could go on at length about what a disaster this hotel is. All you need to do is read the other reviews posted here and you will be enlightened. There were drunk men cat-calling from the windows to the parking lot (at 3:00 PM mind you) when I arrived. The desk clerk obviously has developmental disabilities, but bless his heart. The hotel is filthy to the core. The parking lot seemed to be filled with abandoned cars. After I saw the condition of the room--hello, health inspector--I ditched the place and stayed up the street. Heck, the place is even next to an adult book store that has a huge billboard overhead that says, "Jesus is Watching You." Tell me I wasn't hallucinating this whole thing. Shut the place down.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Roswell, Nm, San Antonio, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

We checked in during a high school rodeo, so hotel rooms were at a premium. All the decent hotels were full, so we were left with the Rodeway Inn. The only other choice was to go to the next town, or back to Bloomfield, about 20 miles away. When I checked in, I was told that the only rooms available were 2 smoking rooms, at the opposite end of the hotel. I expected the rooms to smell a little. I turned the vent control on the ancient window a/c unit to fresh and that helped. When we went to get the bags from the car we noticed what we were getting in to. The carpet in the hall was soiled and worn. The stairs were also dirty and the trim on the edge of the stairs was loose in several places. The latch on the door to the parking lot was broken, and looked like it had been for some time. Most hotels lock doors other than the office door after a certain time. This would have been impossible here. I dont see Farmington as a high crime area, but I was only there for one night. When we finally started to settle in, we noticed the general lack of care the hotel has received. The walls needed paint and there were several holes from screws or nails that were never patched. The carpet was dirty and stained in spots. I told my kids to wear sandals in the room. After my Son showered (and complained that water shot out of the cold water valve) it was my turn. I also noticed that the floor tiles were cracked, and it looked like the bathroom had the same attention as the rest of the hotel. There was a towel holder on the wall held up with a rusty screw. It wiggled around like it was about to fall off the wall. After the shower experience, I decided to sit down with my laptop and plan the next days activities. I tried to connect to the 2 available wireless networks. One was Rodeway something or other, and very weak. The other was super8 something and I managed to connect for about 5 minutes. I called down to the desk, and the lady there told me that she had just reset it, and to try it again. I still could not connect so I called down again and she told me I was free to come to the lobby and "play with it". I also complained that the a/c unit would make a squeaking noise and I was afraid that we would not be able to sleep. The manager sent a guy up to look at the a/c. He correctly determined it was not the a/c but the smoke detector. He told my girlfriend that it was beeping because of a low battery. He said that all she needed to do was change it. I guess since the owner will not maintain the building, now they expect the guests to do it? I asked the manager about the internet and he told me that his was working, so it must be my computer. I pointed out that I was using wireless, and he was using a cable connection. Did he think I was that stupid? Then he asked to see my laptop, as if I would let this guy touch my network and security settings. The wireless worked in the lobby. So much for high speed in the room. He asked if I had a cable. I told him I always had a piece of lan cable with me. He said there was a jack in the room. Talk about the long way around. I returned to my room, plugged in and that was it for the evening. The next day, we got up and had breakfast. I have to admit, it was more than I expected. I had coffee. Kids had cereal and toast. We talked to another guest at breakfast who told us that she paid $120.00 for her room. I assume hers was a non smoking room though, I didnt ask. I paid $180.00 for these 2 rooms. I got 2 rooms in better condition in southern NM for less than what these people were charging for one dirty one. I guess they figured they could gouge everyone because the rodeo was in town. We left about 930 local time, and were never so happy to be on the road. The lady at the desk was nice. The guy who looked at the a/c and smoke detector was nice (maybe a little lost though). Use this hotel only if you need to. If you have other options, use them. This place is strictly about making money. They refuse to maintain the hotel, and it shows.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

i'm sure the fire marshall would be interested in the electrical hookups in this place. multiple appliances plugged into a single socket with an adapter. lamp cord was too long, so it was knotted and looped to keep it out of the way. additionally, no hot water in the bath, and smoking rooms were alternated with non-smoking rooms, so it reeked of smoke, no matter what your preference. bicycles (employees' kids?) blocked accessible ramps - torn carpet. generally the most disgraceful place i stayed on a nine-day trip, with rates that were competitive with very nice motels. i was unable to connect to the internet, and it wasn't my computer - i had no problems anywhere else i stayed.

Stayed April 2009
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

The room was terrible. The AC/Heat unit was falling out of the wall into the room. We had to stuff the curtain and two hand towels into the gaps to keep cold air from coming into the room. The sink was plugged up. It took maintenance two hours to show up with a plunger. The hotel was full of construction workers who were rowdy all night and the next morning cases of empty beer bottles filled the hallways. The continental breakfast was very limited. Could not understand the staff [poor English] We went there because of choicehotels rewards program, we have stayed at other choicehotels and were satisfied but not here....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Clear Lake City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

First thing was they do NOT clean the room every day. The second day we were there they cleaned the room we had left some change(coins) out for use in the vending machine for later. When we came back, the room was cleaned and our change was gone (along with the receipts that we had laid next to it). This made me a little aprehensive about leaving ANYTHING of value out. I was there just to keep my boyfriend company while he was working on a contract out there so I spent most of my time in the room to working via my computer. I was not happy when I was told then when they demanded that I leave the room for them to clean it. (I have stayed in many choice hotels who have never had an issue with me being in the room while they make the bed. I sit on the couch working and they clean. Made be think about that loose change?!?) They have free wireless which I never had any problem with. Its unsecured so any joe smoe that maybe nearby might be able to hack into your computer which prevented me from doing some things on my computer. Also the room was "clean-ish". The few outlets that where in the room where exposed or broken in most places (so i wouldn't advise any families to stay here). One was loose and broken right next to the bed where the lamp was plugged in. There is a stong smell of something like patcholi lingering from the front office. There are only stairs so this is not a wheelchair/handicap friendly facililty. There were numorous cigarette stains in the BED linen.
Again, they don't clean every day, but everyother day, so conserve your towels. There continental breakfast was generic versions of cherios and raisin brand, mini muffins (the size of your big toe), orange juice(given a small plastic cup that even a KID wouldn't get a full dose) and bad coffee. Oh, and your not allowed to take it to your room despite the fact that you have a fridge and a microwave in your room.
I would of like to have my own coffe maker (like their description SAID THEY did) so I could make my own coffee. Also, right next door is an Adult video shop. No restraunts too close. Need to walk.

• Liked — Fast wireless internet
  • Disliked — cleaning staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

I arrived late, and chose Rodeway only because I am a member of choice rewards, for the points. I quickly regretted the choice, but was too tired to bother changing. The desk clerk seemed to have little experience, and it took much longer to check in than necessary, first sent me to an uncleaned room, then put me in #206, when my receipt said #125. The hallways were filthy, the room not much cleaner, bathroom door wouldn't cose, few amenities. The worst is that housekeeing bangs on the door early to tell you checkout is 11:00.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rudeness of staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn Farmington? Share your experiences!