“thieves the hotel stoled my card information” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Farmington

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Farmington to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Farmington
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1601 East Broadway, Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly "Super 8")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 23 hotels in Farmington
“thieves the hotel stoled my card information”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

this hotel is trashing the breakfast was a joke carpets for dirty outlets didn't work the remote to the TV didn't work and after all of this after leaving the hotel my card was compromised it was used at various web sites and by the time I made it home from my trip it cleaned out my bank account absolutely positively never stay at this hotel ever

• Stayed May 2014

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Salamanca, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've stayed in many, many hotels, especially with my husband and I traveling across the country. This hotel is a 'you get what you pay for', except I can't believe I paid for this. The front desk clerk was pleasant and friendly when we checked in. The staff in the morning was also very friendly. Other than that... It's very old, very run down, and will probably end up being a room for rent/housing unit in a short period of time.
When I found this hotel, it said 'deluxe continental breakfast'. There was cold cereal, coffee, and some juice. Our room had not been vacuumed. The sheets had blood stains on them. The mattress pad was covered in black hairs. The bathroom was mostly clean, but the shower was stuck up so bathing was impossible. The fridge did not work at all. All the plugs were in one outlet, it didn't look so healthy. This is next to an adult store but there is a huge billboard about Jesus blocking the view, yay!, so you don't really notice it. I thought the rooms were fairly quiet which was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 and go across the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not only was did this place have dirty carpets in the room and in the hallway, shabby bathroom fixtures, and a funny smell, but--bonus--it was also next door to an adult video store. Imagine my shock when I opened my credit card bill to find they had charged us for TWO nights. No WAY would I have stayed two nights here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Castle Rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Where to start! The chicken bone in the hallway for three days, the mildew smell throughout the place, the leaking fringe adding to the smell, the wet carpet around the fridge, the dust covering everything, the chewed gum in the sink drain, or the live wires sticking out of the wall!!!!!!! My family was already disgusted with this place but we were thinking whatever, we will never have to stay here again and then we got home. That night we found a bug in our hair. This hotel gave my family LICE!!!!! This is unacceptable, we will be contacting the health department. Hopefully this place will not be able to make anyone else sick very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Muhldorf am Inn, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The motel urgently needs renewal. Room was dirty, floor not clean. Carpet was dirty and had holes. Same applies for blanket. We cancelled our further bookings of Rodeway motel. Will not book Rodeway again. Please do not pay in advance and arrive early to be able to check you room. Maybe you will find a cleaner one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'd have a hard time giving this hotel a great endorsement, but it really wasn't bad at all, for the price. I was there for 2 consecutive weeks, My room the first week had broken tiles in the bath that shifted when stepped on. And had an issue with the sink faucet, but it was repaired the same day I reported it. 2nd week the room was much nicer and had no issues at all. Rooms are certainly dated but pretty comfortable. On the plus side - the beds were very comfortable, rooms have fridge and microwave, shower was great, and the hotel was very quiet. Towels were typically small and scratchy. Breakfast was typical - coffee and juice, cereal and bread/muffins. The breakfast area and small lobby were being remodeled during my stay. Hopefully they will continue and update some of the rooms. I would stay there again as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: did not see an elevator and all rooms required steps either up or down, so not sure about handicap i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The room was about what I'd expect for $39 a night. It was dated and showed it's wear and tear. The worst part was the smell. I wreaked of an on old man's rear end. But I managed. Again, what I'd expect for $39 and night sans the odor.

When it was time to depart, I stopped at the front desk (a few minutes before 8 am) and there was a sign on the desk saying the clerk was away and to call a three digit number for help. I needed to receive a fax and get my receipt so I called the number and it went to someone's voicemail. So then I waited...and waited...and called again...and waited some more. After 30 minutes, I had to leave with no receipt.

That night I pulled up my debit card account to find the motel had charged me twice - once the night I checked in, and again for a larger amount the following day. When I called the motel, the clerk said I was not charged twice - I guess my bank was lying - and sent me a receipt to prove it. That showed the first charge but not the second. It took some wrangling but I finally got the charges reversed by Rodeway Inn.

The moral of the story is to go across the street and pay a little more at the Hampton Inn. I'm sure their rooms don't smell like the seat cushion in your grandpa's car and someone will likely be at the front desk when you need them. But if you do stay here, don't expect much service and pay in cash. And don't forget the mentholatum for your smeller.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Farmington? Share your experiences!