“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Farmington

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Farmington to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Farmington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 East Broadway, Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly Brentwood Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Bellefontaine
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Not real pleased with this motel. We were told the beds were Queens. Not so! By measurement, the beds were Double XL, but not the width of queens. No bathroom fan. Small sink counter. Carpet not clean.TV reception very poor---more snow than Michigan. The worst was when we removed the bedspread there was a big stain---Hopefully coffee! Towels were stained also. Need some training for the cleaning crew!!

Room Tip: Look around
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
fmnabvi, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Farmington, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello, I am sorry to see that you had issues with your room and service while you were our guest. Its been our best intention to assure our guest with the best quality stay possible. Please note that I take all guests concerns seriously and greatly work to fix the issues that you have mentioned in your review. We hope that this does not deter you from returning in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rio Rancho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have tried many places in Farmington but I think you get the most for your money here. The rooms are clean, staff is nice and the tv is so-so. I enjoy having the fridge and microwave in the room. The only real thing to complain about is housekeeping remembering to replenish the coffee in the rooms. And sometimes checking out doesn't go as smooth as it should.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings, I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take every review serious and appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing. I hope to see you again in your future travels.

Americas Best Value Inn.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have such mixed feelings about this review because a few members of the front desk staff (particularly Chantel, not sure if I spelled that correctly) are absolutely fantastic and very helpful in arranging complicated and extended stays. The breakfast area was clean and offered a nice variety. That being said, the rooms themselves are pretty grungy-- just not well kept and dirty. The florescent bathroom lighting was erratic and the bedding was not very warm. For the rate I don't expect luxury by any means, but nothing this dirty. If the rooms were just properly cleaned I would give this hotel a much higher rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
fmnabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Farmington, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your room during your stay with us. It is our intention to do our best to serve any guests or potential guests that walk through our doors. Please note that I take all guest concerns seriously and I have taken steps to cure all of the issues you have mentioned in your review so that no one else needs to face them while they are at our hotel as a guest. I hope this does not deter you from returning, and I wish you safe travels.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We came into town rather early & decided to check in to our room at 2:55 pm.. Rooms were still being clean & they told us to come back later, so we ate dinner & went back around 4:45 pm.. Room was still unclean.. plus we saw housekeepers taking out 24 cases of beer after beer.. it smelled like vomit, mold, & cigarettes.. At night its worst! Loud noises, couples arguing & I left the room to get ice & saw a guy urinating outside of the room next to their room door. WORST PLACE TO STAY FOR $94.00 A NIGHT!! SAVE YOUR MONEY & ELSE WHERE!! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AS WELL!!!.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
fmnabvi, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Farmington, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello, I am sorry to see that you had issues with your room and our service while you were our guest. It is and always has been our intention to do our best to serve every guest that walks through our doors. Please note that I take all guest concerns seriously and I have cured all of the issues that you mentioned in your review so that no one else needs to face them while they are at my Hotel as my guest. I hope that this does does not deter you from returning.

Raymondville, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at this place for 2 nights. We over looked the carpet baseboard laying on the floor, the toliet that ran very loudly every 30 minutes, the frayed dirty looking thin blankets, the big red stain in the middle of the carpet. The night stand lamp started flickering about an hour before we were going to sleep on the second night. I thought the plug had come loose. I was so wrong. I followed the cord to behind the bed to plug the lamp in securely. I moved a couple of pillows and to my HORROR I found there was no outlet cover and worse. The plug had been spliced onto the cord. NO wirenuts or even electrical tape covered the bare wires. At least 2 people working there knew about it. The person who plugged the lamp in and the housekeeper who couldn't miss seeing it when changing the sheets. The open outlet was right behind the mattress. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere safe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day, I am sorry to read that you had such a terrible stay while you were at my hotel. I have talked to my staff, and I have put a new procedure in place that will assure that the issues you mentioned in your review will be resolved before any of my guests enter any of my rooms or set foot onto my hotel grounds. I want to let you know that I not only value each and every guest review that I read, but I take very seriously and act on them as soon as possible. I hope that this does not deter from returning in the future, and wish you safe travels.

Pitkin, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beds were ok, rooms seemed pretty clean, but we were completely grossed out by the ugly stained carpeting in the hallways and our room. Granted, we were traveling with our Golden Retriever, so we had to pay $10 extra and they probably put us in their pet room area. However, she always travels with us, we always ask for a pet room, and have never, ever, seen anything like this! Normally you can tell no difference between a non-pet room and a pet room. And many times we are not charged extra. But we've stayed at many Motel 6 and Super 8 locations, and never had to look at disgusting heavily stained gross carpeting! We both wore socks when we stepped out of bed in this place! Yuch!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We traveled through Farmington NM on our way to Eagle Nest. We stopped at one motel that i won't name, because their sign quoted a low room rate. They said that rate was only good until they were about full. We looked across their parking lot and saw Americas Best Value. We called and they gave us a better rate than the other motel. We ask to see a couple rooms which they quickly did. The rooms were very clean so we took them. The young woman who waited on us was very polite and helpful. The beds were very comfortable, probably the best we slept in all vacation. We stayed at 2 more Americas Best Value motels after Farmington because of Farmingtons ABV motel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013
Greeting, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do my best to see that all of our guests feel as though they were in their own homes. I hope to see your return soon, and wish you safe travels.

Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Farmington? Share your experiences!