“Rookies rocks!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Farmington

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Farmington to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Farmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Scott Ave., Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly Farmington Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Farmington
Arlington, Virginia
“Rookies rocks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I visit Farmington frequently to visit family. I try to come to Rookies every time, but the best experience is always when Karl is working. I've come a few times and he's always friendly, helpful and fast paced. Thank you for that. It's not often you meet someone in this industry that isn't just in it for themselves.

• Stayed April 2014
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Rookies Sports Bar does ROCK! Come out and join us for happy hour specials and Karaoke with JR.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a retirement party for 3 of our Doctors that retired. Melissa in catering was such a joy to work with. The lights and the room setup were beautiful. I worried about the food, but there was no need, it was wonderful. The staff was very nice. The only complaint I have is that when it was time to clean up drinks were tossed, even though we still had about 45 minutes before the end of the party. Other than that I was extremely happy. The event was perfect. We will go back there for future party's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Melissa. Melissa is new to The Red Lion Hotel Farmington and has proven to be a great asset to our hotel. If you are ever in need of a wedding venu or a graduation party or just a get together Melissa can help make the function a pleasant, organized success.

Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay at the Red Lion, Farmington, NM for a reason. I have stayed at this Red Lion since even before it was named this. The food it great, the connected tavern it very nice, the rooms are excellent, and they have made the usual price per night worth my money. In the past 4+ years I have stayed a total of probably close to 100 times if you count the business associates rooms as well that I have booked. I go to Farmington at least 3 times per year and have to stay a week at a time so the number of room stays have added up. I have been responsible for 14 stays just this year in February and April alone and always at this hotel.
Thanks Red Lion at the River Walk Farmington, NM

Room Tip: I have stayed on both upper and lower levels and both the outside facing and the spa facing rooms an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty to the Red Lion Hotel Farmington. The associates at the Red Lion strive to provide exceptional customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a Farmington resident and I have of course visited most of the bars in town and I must say that Rookies is one of my favorites. It has a lovely atmosphere and wonderful staff! The bar tender (a red headed man) was quick and friendly and even better he was polite. Not often you find men in a bar that aren't creeps!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our very own Karl. Our staff at Rookies Sports Bar works very hard to make our guest's feel comfortable and provide them with the best customer service.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Well I went to rookies on Saturday night we all go to sing karaoke only to find out they only do dance music now on Saturdays kind of upsetting the there was a girl DJ and she played so awesome music so it was not all bad. Kinda nice to see a girl DJ. now the down side!!!! there was a bartender if that's what you could even call him I think his name was karl or kent I am not sure but red head guy .....we waited for our drinks for over 20 min as he talked and joked with a lady at the bar at one point they were trowing paper back and forth at each other while a crowd of people sat and waited I later found out that it was his girlfriend or wife as they were talking about her being pregnant! Pregnant in a bar real classy! He would serve a few drinks and then go right back over to talk to her we were so upset by this we left. That place gets busy and they only have one bartender and on cocktail waitress they should at least have 2 bartenders and ones that actually do their jobs!! PS bring back karaoke on Saturday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Julie P. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your thoughts and concerns. Your concerns with our bartender have been addressed. Management does receive requests to change up our music line up quite often. Please join us on our Rookies face book page with our nightly information on what we will be doing.

Farmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Affordable, yet high quality treatment. RedLion is always my go to hotel when i'm on travel and away from home. They really know how to bring home to you. We had amazing breakfast, staff was very friendly and or stay was overall amazing. RedLion is amazing!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to compliment our associates and our hotel.
The Red Lion Hotel Farmington, is devoted to making our guest experience the best by providing great customer service.

Sincerely.
Marble Falls, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thinking this was one of the nicer hotels in Farmington was my mistake. The hotel is very run down. The Huge outdated TV's are the least of their problems. Going in the back entrance a gust of wind came in and blew 2 ceiling tiles onto the floor almost hitting my 2 year old daughter. My heater and air-conditioner was not working. After swimming all day it was hot in the room. The windows don't open and the fan wouldn't work. Called front desk who sent maintence 2 times. He told me it was fixed 2 times. It still did not work. We were so hot we could not sleep and the front desk said the could not move me. The vending machine took our money. The pool was very cold and the hot tub was just warm. The front desk was nice but the next morning said the could only discount me $10 out of the $120 I spent. Which is horrible considereing the problems I had from beginning to end. Also breakfast was almost unedible. I was due to stay 2 more nights, but we checked out early went and got a decent breakfast and found a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Been to Red Lion Hotel Farmington? Share your experiences!