“Best Bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Farmington

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Farmington to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Farmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Scott Ave., Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly Farmington Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Farmington
Farmington, New Mexico
“Best Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a Farmington resident and I have of course visited most of the bars in town and I must say that Rookies is one of my favorites. It has a lovely atmosphere and wonderful staff! The bar tender (a red headed man) was quick and friendly and even better he was polite. Not often you find men in a bar that aren't creeps!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our very own Karl. Our staff at Rookies Sports Bar works very hard to make our guest's feel comfortable and provide them with the best customer service.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Well I went to rookies on Saturday night we all go to sing karaoke only to find out they only do dance music now on Saturdays kind of upsetting the there was a girl DJ and she played so awesome music so it was not all bad. Kinda nice to see a girl DJ. now the down side!!!! there was a bartender if that's what you could even call him I think his name was karl or kent I am not sure but red head guy .....we waited for our drinks for over 20 min as he talked and joked with a lady at the bar at one point they were trowing paper back and forth at each other while a crowd of people sat and waited I later found out that it was his girlfriend or wife as they were talking about her being pregnant! Pregnant in a bar real classy! He would serve a few drinks and then go right back over to talk to her we were so upset by this we left. That place gets busy and they only have one bartender and on cocktail waitress they should at least have 2 bartenders and ones that actually do their jobs!! PS bring back karaoke on Saturday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Julie P. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your thoughts and concerns. Your concerns with our bartender have been addressed. Management does receive requests to change up our music line up quite often. Please join us on our Rookies face book page with our nightly information on what we will be doing.

Farmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Affordable, yet high quality treatment. RedLion is always my go to hotel when i'm on travel and away from home. They really know how to bring home to you. We had amazing breakfast, staff was very friendly and or stay was overall amazing. RedLion is amazing!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to compliment our associates and our hotel.
The Red Lion Hotel Farmington, is devoted to making our guest experience the best by providing great customer service.

Sincerely.
Marble Falls, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thinking this was one of the nicer hotels in Farmington was my mistake. The hotel is very run down. The Huge outdated TV's are the least of their problems. Going in the back entrance a gust of wind came in and blew 2 ceiling tiles onto the floor almost hitting my 2 year old daughter. My heater and air-conditioner was not working. After swimming all day it was hot in the room. The windows don't open and the fan wouldn't work. Called front desk who sent maintence 2 times. He told me it was fixed 2 times. It still did not work. We were so hot we could not sleep and the front desk said the could not move me. The vending machine took our money. The pool was very cold and the hot tub was just warm. The front desk was nice but the next morning said the could only discount me $10 out of the $120 I spent. Which is horrible considereing the problems I had from beginning to end. Also breakfast was almost unedible. I was due to stay 2 more nights, but we checked out early went and got a decent breakfast and found a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards
Farmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the worst trip I've ever had - all thanks to this Hotel. I was booked into the worst possible room even though there was a much nicer room available the entire time. I only know this, because I had to be switched to a better room at 1:00 AM - having to be up by 6:00 AM that same morning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We would like to apologize for the condition of your room and that you were moved to a different one so late in the evening. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here many times, and while this is the best place to stay in Farmington it really could use some tlc. Rooms are in desperate need of renovation, tv's are horribly outdated,hot water issues are common, and the overall look of the hotel is one of unrealized potential. The staff, however, is amazing. Always friendly, always helpful, no complaints there. My biggest complaint is with the free "breakfast." It boggles my mind that they continue to serve such terrible food day after day. The biscuits are rock hard, the potatoes are dry, the sausage has the look and texture of a cookie, and I assume the eggs are just as bad but I wouldn't dare find that out for myself. Seriously, it's like they aren't even trying here.

• Stayed March 2014
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Nicole archeletta is one of the best front desk clerks ive dealt with in a long time during my stay down here. Shes one of the reason why i keep comin back. Keep up the great work! Maintenance is always there and maids dona great job. Cant wait to be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk kindly of my hotel staff. Nichole is our shining star. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington is very proud of the caring and accommodating staff we have.
SIncerely,
Lenore P

Been to Red Lion Hotel Farmington? Share your experiences!