“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Farmington

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Farmington to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Farmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Scott Ave., Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly Farmington Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Farmington
Marble Falls, Texas
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thinking this was one of the nicer hotels in Farmington was my mistake. The hotel is very run down. The Huge outdated TV's are the least of their problems. Going in the back entrance a gust of wind came in and blew 2 ceiling tiles onto the floor almost hitting my 2 year old daughter. My heater and air-conditioner was not working. After swimming all day it was hot in the room. The windows don't open and the fan wouldn't work. Called front desk who sent maintence 2 times. He told me it was fixed 2 times. It still did not work. We were so hot we could not sleep and the front desk said the could not move me. The vending machine took our money. The pool was very cold and the hot tub was just warm. The front desk was nice but the next morning said the could only discount me $10 out of the $120 I spent. Which is horrible considereing the problems I had from beginning to end. Also breakfast was almost unedible. I was due to stay 2 more nights, but we checked out early went and got a decent breakfast and found a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the temperature of your guest room and that is was uncomfortably warm. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Farmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the worst trip I've ever had - all thanks to this Hotel. I was booked into the worst possible room even though there was a much nicer room available the entire time. I only know this, because I had to be switched to a better room at 1:00 AM - having to be up by 6:00 AM that same morning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We would like to apologize for the condition of your room and that you were moved to a different one so late in the evening. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here many times, and while this is the best place to stay in Farmington it really could use some tlc. Rooms are in desperate need of renovation, tv's are horribly outdated,hot water issues are common, and the overall look of the hotel is one of unrealized potential. The staff, however, is amazing. Always friendly, always helpful, no complaints there. My biggest complaint is with the free "breakfast." It boggles my mind that they continue to serve such terrible food day after day. The biscuits are rock hard, the potatoes are dry, the sausage has the look and texture of a cookie, and I assume the eggs are just as bad but I wouldn't dare find that out for myself. Seriously, it's like they aren't even trying here.

• Stayed March 2014
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Nicole archeletta is one of the best front desk clerks ive dealt with in a long time during my stay down here. Shes one of the reason why i keep comin back. Keep up the great work! Maintenance is always there and maids dona great job. Cant wait to be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk kindly of my hotel staff. Nichole is our shining star. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington is very proud of the caring and accommodating staff we have.
SIncerely,
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Large rooms and comfortable king size beds. Friendliest staff anywhere. Nicole, at the front desk, is awesome. Always cheerful and smiling. She actually remembers my name from visit to visit. That friendly, personal greeting by name is something i have not found anywhere else. I told Nicole about a couple maintenance items and she had them fixed the same day. Great service. Veronica also provides great, friendly service for your dinner at the hotel restaurant. Thanks to them, Red Lion is my choice in Farmington.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
John M. your complements are so important to our associates. Thank you for taking the time to share them. Veronica has been an employee with our hotel for over 20 years and has done a great job providing our guest with a pleasant dining experience. Ms. Nichole is a shining star who brightens up the day and always has a smile on her face.
Thank you for staying at the Red Lion Hotel Farmington, we sincerely appreciate your business.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is an older hotel, but it's very pleasant. The rooms are spacious, the pool and hot tub are wonderful, the free breakfast could be a little better. All in all our stay was enjoyable. The customer service here is also commendable in every department! A special thank you to the front desk lady, Maya, who has been so helpful and friendly. A smile goes a long way!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mr. Joseph B. Thank you kindly for taking the time to tell our Trip Advisor friends how important customer service is to the Red Lion Hotel Farmington.Our associates strive every day to bring our guests the "I care I can" attitude.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on business for the last four weeks. The price is reasonable and the staff is great. Franklin on the front desk is very professional and friendly. The TV's are old and need to be replaced. but the bed is comfortable..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael M thank you for takiing the time to complement Franklin. Franklin is a great asset to our Front desk. Tv upgrades will be coming soon. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington appreciates your business.
Lenore P

Been to Red Lion Hotel Farmington? Share your experiences!