“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Farmington

You added Red Lion Hotel Farmington to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Farmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Scott Ave., Farmington, NM 87401 (Formerly Farmington Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Richmond
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very clean, rooms were huge, clean. Very accommodating. Free breakfast was also good, eggs, bacon, sausage, many choices. We didn't use the restaurant, but wish we had. Our son lives in farmington and we have stayed in 3 different hotels but I think this is my favorite. I don't think I ever stayed anywhere where the rooms were this large. Highly recommend

Room Tip: Both rooms we had were excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington has the largest rooms in town which make for a more enjoyable stay. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

LPaulson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Carson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I are world travelers retired from a major airline. This was one of the nicest stays ever. Comfortable beds, good food, friendly and helpful staff, located along the river walk and most important to us now DOG FRIENDLY.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your positive review. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington strives to insure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Dog friendly hotels are very important to me as well. Thank you for staying with us.

SIncerely,
Farmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place made the Bates Motel look like a 5 star resort! 1st room had trash everywhere, the bed was not made, a cot and pillows were still in the room and the bathroom was not clean. 2nd room was a tiny upgrade- the bathrooms seemed like it was cleaned, but there was still trash in the room. we felt gross sleeping on the bed, but really didn't have any other choice- all the other surrounding hotels were booked. Plenty of other options available. The only reason we stayed there was because there was a convention and this place only had rooms available...know we now why!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

First I would like to thank you for your thoughts and concerns. The Red Lion Hotel takes your opinion very serious. I have addresses your concerns with the housekeeping department. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

SIncerely,
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

OMG -- this facility is in DESPARATE need of repair. It's an old Holidome -- you can still smell the chlorine from the '70's. The lobby is a mess so I asked the person checking me in whether this was an indication of the condition of the room. She didn't really answer me -- of course, it was 2AM and there were NO hotel rooms to be found in Farmington. So, what did I expect. I asked her if there was mold in the bathroom -- she very politely said "no, there is no mold in the bathroom." Well, I ended up taking a shower the next morning with a towel spread out in the bathtub -- wasn't going to risk having my skin touch the bottom of the tub. For $100 per night, I think they should be able to invest in repairing the facility.

The hostess that checked me in was EXCEPTIONAL. She has terrific customer service skills. Additionally, the next day, she was very accommodating in changing our additional reservations. She should consider working at a different location / franchise.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else -- maybe your car?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lenore P, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay, we appreciate your honesty, and we apologize that it wasn't all you hoped.

We are constantly making positive changes to the property , and we know when all are complete your going to love it! It is our goal to give you the most memorable, positive guest experience possible, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to do so.

We want to thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our outstanding Front Desk agents, we will be sure to pass your comments along to them!

Safe Travels
abq,nm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went to this hotel aug.15-16-17 2013,first and last time .I was in town for the Special Olympics and this was the host hotel.Chek in was a breeze so I thought OK this could work.Not,upon arrival in my room I instantly noticed a smell,I checked the mini fridge and found rotten food.I contacted the front deck and asked for a room change,not.They sent a maid with some air freshner instead.After getting settled in I went to the lounge to meet some people,as it turns out its a local hangout,there were about 5 people in the bar all over the age of 50 power drinking,it was only 2pm.Some of the language I heard was so vulgar I couldnt believe the bar tender allowed it.Now for the unkept lobby,paint is so old its fadded,theres a hole in the wall by the elevator,the work out center was out of order.I asked for a wake up call for 6am it never came.The so called free breakfast thats served was so bad I got sick.One of the atrium windows was broke so they covered it up with a tarp.This is a place I would stay away from,How RED LION can allow their name on this place is beyond me,Hope this helps out any future travelers.

Room Tip: go some place else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lenore P, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. Our property did suffer from a Fire early this year, the blue tarp that you saw in the atrium was placed there to protect our guest and our staff until the space can be renovated, we do apologize for this inconvenience.
We are very displeased to see that you did not receive your wake up call and that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Safe Travels ,
Ginny Gil
Director of Sales
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Get some flat screen TV's like the rest of the hotels in the country. Had 2 TV's in the room but both sucked! Maybe hand out some aspirin to the guests because they will get a headache from watching these little 19" TV's.Service was OK. Room was large. Parking free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lenore P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The Red Lion Hotel Farmington appreciates all reviews good or bad. That is how we fix the wrong and better the good. Coming soon to our property will be upgraded TV's. Thank you again for your time and opinions.

Lenore P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

the young lady nikki , working the front desk is very helpful and attentive. she will do whatever it takes to make your check in and stay a pleasant one. she goes above and beyond the call of duty.....ive been staying at this hotel for 5 years on a weekly basis and not once has she been rude or disrespectful... its always a pleasure checking in..... thanks a very satisfied redlion r&r platinum club member.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lenore P, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Farmington, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your stay. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is what we strive for and we are happy to hear that we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Safe Travels

Ginny Gil
Director of Sales

Been to Red Lion Hotel Farmington? Share your experiences!