“Wonderful diner fare” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Wonderful diner fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, clean, quick service and meal presentation. Large sized servings, you won't leave hungry. Try to avoid eating just when the movies next door are ending to avoid the sometimes crowd.

Visited November 2013

Farmington, New Mexico
“Just Plain Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great diner food and ambiance. Friendly staff, good menu, homemade Ice Cream and Great Coffee. Went there mid-afternoon for a late lunch. The menu had something to please anyone with great attention to details. Looking forward to going back for either a Breakfast or some of their Ice Cream.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had breakfast at Blue Moon, but were a little sorry we weren't there for ice cream. Standard breakfast fare was great with portions just the right size. Try the cinnamon roll. Southwest breakfast items are unique and tasty, with larger portions. Service was fantastic. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WestSlope,CO
“We like this place for breakfast--clean, great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've eaten here several times for breakfast, so my "very good" rating applies to breakfast only. They have standard diner-style breakfasts but also have several choices with a New Mexico flair. You can choose standard sausage cream gravy or Hatch green chile gravy with your biscuits and gravy. Hubby chose the green chile and he said it was as good as any he's had, The biscuits are gigantic. He also had a skillet with ham and both red and green chile sauce--he rated it excellent. Another in our party had a yogurt parfait which came with fresh strawberries...a very good rating there, too. I had bacon & eggs with hash browns. I asked for my hash browns to be crispy, and they were not--that was the only problem our party of four incurred. The service was excellent and the restaurant appeared clean and cheerfully decorated, and the tables are well-spaced rather than cramped & crowded.

When hubby ordered his coffee, he said, "Coffee and plenty of it." The waitress said, "You got it!" and he never saw the bottom of his cup. She was very prompt to bring me more hot water for my tea, as well.

For those who want a lower carb or gluten free breakfast, there are choices such as fruit or sliced tomato & avocado as sides instead of bread or pancakes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good burger but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This diner was close to where I was working so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was good, and I would probably go back; it just wasn't anything special. The menu wasn't super creative - typical diner fare. So, I got a bacon burger. It was ready very quickly, so that was good. It was prepared how I wanted it, so that was good too. I would have liked other options for the side than lots of fat and calories, but the few fries I ate were very nice. As I said, I'd go back - it would be nice to have some more healthy choices on the menu though. Service was good, not great. It was a good value - plenty of food for the price.

• Visited March 2013