“We like this place for breakfast--clean, great service, good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Moon Diner

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 102 restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: American
WestSlope,CO
“We like this place for breakfast--clean, great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've eaten here several times for breakfast, so my "very good" rating applies to breakfast only. They have standard diner-style breakfasts but also have several choices with a New Mexico flair. You can choose standard sausage cream gravy or Hatch green chile gravy with your biscuits and gravy. Hubby chose the green chile and he said it was as good as any he's had, The biscuits are gigantic. He also had a skillet with ham and both red and green chile sauce--he rated it excellent. Another in our party had a yogurt parfait which came with fresh strawberries...a very good rating there, too. I had bacon & eggs with hash browns. I asked for my hash browns to be crispy, and they were not--that was the only problem our party of four incurred. The service was excellent and the restaurant appeared clean and cheerfully decorated, and the tables are well-spaced rather than cramped & crowded.

When hubby ordered his coffee, he said, "Coffee and plenty of it." The waitress said, "You got it!" and he never saw the bottom of his cup. She was very prompt to bring me more hot water for my tea, as well.

For those who want a lower carb or gluten free breakfast, there are choices such as fruit or sliced tomato & avocado as sides instead of bread or pancakes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
“Good burger but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This diner was close to where I was working so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was good, and I would probably go back; it just wasn't anything special. The menu wasn't super creative - typical diner fare. So, I got a bacon burger. It was ready very quickly, so that was good. It was prepared how I wanted it, so that was good too. I would have liked other options for the side than lots of fat and calories, but the few fries I ate were very nice. As I said, I'd go back - it would be nice to have some more healthy choices on the menu though. Service was good, not great. It was a good value - plenty of food for the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent Santa Fe Stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped in again this week, and had the lunch special, "Santa Fe Stew". Was so good, I asked for a second bowl! Service was top-notch as well. It was Halloween, and some of the servers were in costume. Ours was a police officer, and her costume rocked! I asked for the recipe for the Santa Fe Stew, but the "soup Nazi" refuses to share it with ANYONE!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Tried due to Reviews On this Site.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Blue Moon Diner is located in a strip mall/theater complex. It is rather nondescript from the outside. Upon entering, you see the 50's decor of red vinyl and chrome, booths and music of that era piped in over the sound system.
Menu was nice with a good selection of slight twists on mostly American favorite dishes. Hamburgers, Philly Cheese steak, various Chicken and turkey sandwich combos.
We arrive about 15 Minutes before noon. We asked from lunch menus, and were informed that they didn't serve lunch until Noon. No problem we thought. The server, though very friendly, didn't return until noon to take our order. 15 Minutes after our order was taken we were informed that they had no Mac & Cheese, so we choose a side of potato salad instead. Then, 2 minutes later our food arrives, including mac & cheese. That had us a bit confused.
As for the food: Chipstix are a novel way to prepare house made potato chips, they are spiral cut potatoes on a skewer, then deep fried. We ordered ours "salt and vinegar" they were under cooked and a bit rubbery, the vinegar and salt seasoning was much to light to be tasted except in a few bites. We enjoyed the presentation but the results were not nearly as tastey as they could have been. Th Jalapeno coins, on the other hand were nicely fried, crunchy hot and delicious. Albuquerque Turkey sandwich on sour dough was tastey. The presentation lacked a bit however. The foccacia chicken avocado with aioli and avocado, had a nicely prepared chicken breat, but the entire sandwich lacked any punch, the aioli was too thin to even be noticed. The mac and cheese is made with what appears to be, but does not taste like, a light white cheddar, while palatable, it lacked seasoning. Over all we enjoyed lunch, total tab including some iced teas was $30.88, we did however have an appetizer of the Chipstix. I would would return, but not until I have exhausted other restaurants in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BLOOMFIELD
“Charming!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great atmosphere, usually pretty good service, typical diner food but good! It's a fun place to grab lunch.

Visited July 2012

Been to Blue Moon Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Blue Moon Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.