“Extremely Rude, Steer Clear!” 1 of 5 stars

Economy Inn Farmington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   332 East Main Street, Farmington, NM NM 87401   |
Ranked #21 of 23 hotels in Farmington
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Extremely Rude, Steer Clear!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I made a reservation over the phone via credit card reservation for relatives. When the relatives showed up at about midnight very tired from travel, the front desk clerks wouldn't acknowledge them and waved them away not even opening the door. I called (from a distance because my relatives told me that they wouldn't respond) to confirm my reservation. At least 3 different people answered the phone and each time I was hung up. I spoke to the second or third person quite frankly to see if they wanted my business or if there was a phone issue. They hung up and I called again. I was immediately answered by a desk clerk who verbally began with Mother F this, Mother F that. I was appalled and honestly PO'd and told my relatives to leave immediately. This is absolutely unacceptable and probably was before the cussing began. Avoid this location at all cost and please spread the review. My relatives are elderly and treated with no respect and for this reason, I write this review.

Room Tip: Go somewhere other than the Economy Inn in Farmington, NM.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Nonsmoking rooms smell the same as smoking. There was trash under the bed and dirt in the corners and along the floor walls. Stained sheets, dried snot on the wall above the bed, damaged walls and bent towel racks (it appears the room had seen violence), broken table and grimy chair... Lets not discuss the creepy clown painting over the bed. Drunks sleep behind and next to the hotel; not a good neighborhood. Employees/owners at Reception desk were rather nosy and disrespectful. They gave me a fake name and number when I asked to speak to an owner. is the bottom pit of $50 hotels; you are better off paying more for something decent. It was a nightmarish experience for us. Caveat emptor!!! (Buyer beware!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We decided on a dinner spot before we arrived, and wanted to be able to walk there from our hotel. This was the best option for that. The man at the front desk seemed more than a little perturbed that we existed (even more so, when we had to wake him to check out around seven the next morning,) While the room was clean, the decor was a little disturbing. Clowns. The wifi was spotty, and the security was lacking, as well. We could not get the deadbolt to lock from the outside and had to put our full weight on the door to get the lock to turn from the inside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gallup, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

At a walking distance to downtown, this hotel is conveniently located. The price was right ($50) for a clean room with high speed internet, refrigerator and microwave. Plenty of space to park. Not a fancy room but spacious and clean, which was what I needed. I would most definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Only a block from downtown Farmington, but this motel doesn't have much to recommend it. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom could have used a good cleaning. Only the bare amenities were provided, two pillows on the bed, no coffeemaker, no breakfast. Quiet location and friendly staff. Wi-fi didn't work. We paid $53.00 for a king bed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Economy Inn Farmington? Share your experiences!