“Great Beds!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Farmington
Washington
“Great Beds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott in Farmington was a one night stop for us in a long drive. Our party of four was exhausted when we checked in. When we checked in I was asked why we were traveling, for business or pleasure. When I told the attendant it was for a funeral, she lowered our confirmed rate by about $14. Right off the bat, I am liking this. I asked for a quiet room so she put us on the highest floor (4th floor). She informed me that there were a couple of graduation parties being held in the meeting rooms. I was worried that we would hear a bunch of people in the halls, but our room was very quiet. We didn't even hear anyone around us.

The pluses:
** very comfortable beds. We had a double queen room and the beds had a lot of memory foam in them. I don't think they were tempur-pedic beds, but something like it.
** quiet room
** located right in the main part of town
** many restaurants around
** air conditioning worked very well
** plenty of hot water
** WiFi in our room worked well
** free computer access in lobby area with printing capabilities
** free parking

The minuses:
** No continental breakfast
** No microwave or mini fridges in the rooms
** pay for breakfast (including Starbuck's coffee) options available in lobby are way too overpriced
** very small pool which was always crowded

All in all the Marriott Courtyard is a decent choice. I don't anticipate traveling though Farmington again but if I were, I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room. That will put you on the 4th floor. And ask for a room overlooking the river...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

At checkin we asked to change from a double to a suite and they found us a King suite on the first floor right next to the side door. It was so easy to check in and our room was very large and clean. We called for a rollowaway since the pullout was a full and it was in our room within 3 minutes. The staff here is really friendly and helpful. Our room was a little dated but the common areas were beautiful and the room was absolutely spotless! We loved this hotel. The inside pool was nice and very close to our room.

We liked being on the bottom floor since we have three kids and alot of luggage but others might prefer a 2nd story riverside room for the view. The 1st story does not have a view. The hotel is near a park for children and a riverwalk. This is an excellent hotel for families.

We ate breakfast next door since breakfast was not included in our meal and service was slow when my husband went alone early in the am.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if you want one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The river walk location was the best part of the hotel. Our sliding glass door to the patio was stuck so we could not enjoy the view. When the staff was made aware of the problem they told us they couldn't do anything about it until the maintenance staff came in. A little WD 40 would have do the trick! The tub did not drain, again a maintenance issue that could not be resolved while we were there. The toiletries amounted to a bottle of conditioner and a half a bottle of body lotion. No shampoo or shower gel. As we checked out, the woman at the front desk asked us how our stay was, so I told her about the issues. She offered us snacks from the snack bar as a peace offering. The room was larger than some of the hotels we had stayed in, but a bit outdated. They need to overhaul the staff and decor of the rooms. I will look for another hotel to stay in the next time I am in Farmington.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Don't know about the negatives, but we enjoyed a two bedroom suite, we are three seniors from Australia, but I'm a Navajo Indian from that area and I found it to be of exceptional value. The proximity to eateries and supermarkets is really convenient, not a scenic area, but I understand that there is a river walk. I was too busy meeting the rels, whilst my mates took advantage of local drinking venues, they were as 'happpy as Larry'.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cornville, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a pretty average Courtyard. The rooms are somewhat smaller than what I have come to expect at a Courtyard, particularly the bathroom. It has a tiny sink area with very little room to put your personal items. However, the room was clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have remodelled the lobby and added one of the 24/7 type market stores that are popular these days. I stayed here once several years ago, and I honestly liked the old lobby and full service bar layout better, but this new layout is typical in newer Courtyards. The strengths of this location are the helpful friendly staff, a beautiful patio on the back fronting on the scenic Animas River, which has a great trail system of at least several miles. The price is reasonable with comparable properties, and I suspect one of the nicer properties in Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Lunas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband had made reservations on line for two nights. When we checked in there was a terrible dust/wind storm that made visibility almost nil. That meant the sightseeing we had planned for the following days might not happen. I asked if we could just stay there that night rather than the two nights that we reserved. There was no problem at all and we were told they had rooms for the following night available if we changed our mind. They did have a free breakfast which was made to order. It was tasty and the selection was adequate however the service was very slow. Perhaps it was because it was Memorial Day weekend and maybe were short staffed.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a hotel like many others but has some of the friendliest staff which makes it stand out. The location is also nice as it's on the Animas River's riverwalk. The lobby is large and the outdoor patio is fabulous.
I my never be back in Farmington again, but if I am, I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 402 is a suite and has a fireplace...on the end of the top floor....nice room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo