“Excellent Hotel with Even Better Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Farmington
Midland, Michigan
“Excellent Hotel with Even Better Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I just spent one night at the Courtyard-Marriott in Farmington, NM. This is a very clean hotel with outstanding staff. I travel almost everyday and last year stayed at 191 different Marriott properties. What makes this Courtyard standout is the staff. Everyone from the desk clerk, front desk manager and even the general manager greeted me as I checked in. I requested and received a suit. There is ample parking and check-in went smoothly. The lobby area had been updates to the typical Courtyard, with a smart board for information, a bar area, a bistro and even a large fire place.

The carpet in my sleeping room had a couple of stains, but it looked like it was made with some type of marker-not just dirty. The room was quiet and the bedding was excellent. There were four different pillows to select from. My room had two flat screen televisions. The bathroom was spacious and the shower worked very well.

The staff provided excellent directions for me and made suggestions of where to eat. I had to check out the next morning at 5:00 AM, and in my haste I left my laptop computer. The staff boxed the computer and shipped it to me immediately. The only negative I found with this hotel is that the alarm clock had the wrong time on it-it was 45 minutes late and when I woke up I panicked because I thought I had over slept. However, this is a housekeeping issue that I am sure will be addressed.

There are numerous places to stay in Farmington. However, you can not go wrong with the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Southern Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We sent one night there, Check in was quick, staff remembered us from a visit in December.
Room was spacious, had a great view of the river walk. This hotel was within a mile of the downtown area. We will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I spent one night at the Farmington Marriott Courtyard on a buisness trip.
Check in was early, and had no problems getting to access to my room upon arriving.
Front desk staff was accomodating and professional, and greeted me warmly.
The room was spacious and clean, with a nice desk to set up my laptop with good lighting and outlets.The main lobby has a nice working fireplace and plenty of seats as well as a bar/lounge adjioned to the room.
Bartender was attentive, and happy to serve you.
Parking lot has plenty of spaces available.
Overall a nice hotel, and would recommend to others and return myself in the future.
In summary, a pleasant stay, nice room, and nice accomodations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Alamosa, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you are a smoker, you know that Marriott went totally non-smoking several years ago which was a business decision and I respect that. However, whenever I have had the need to stay at a Marriott since then (not of my own choice - business meeting planned at this venue) I have always asked for a balcony room so that I could enjoy my vice without breaking the no-smoking rule. At this hotel, even the balconies were non-smoking with a threat of a $250 fine. When I asked for the balcony and told them why, I felt like the desk staff was very judgmental and almost rude when they told me that I could not smoke on the balcony. I think that I am a very considerate smoker, but it is rare to find consideration to smokers! It is still legal to smoke outside (for the time being!)
Aside from this, the property was beautiful, the rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There was no restaurant on site, but they would not let us bring in outside refreshments for our business meeting!?!?!?

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, there were some first floor rooms which I saw the morning that I checked out wh...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I visit family here often and have stayed at several less nice places. We have wanted to stay at the Courtyard because of the great reviews but had to wait because the lobby was being renovated and there was temporary construction noise. We are really glad we did; the lobby is beautiful with a cozy fireplace and updated amenities. The rooms are very nice and quiet, comfy beds, and the bathroom area by the toilet and tub/shower is huge, one of the largest I've seen anywhere. We got a room on the top (fourth floor) with a view of the river (no extra charge) and highly recommend getting there early to get these view rooms. There is a wonderful cottonwood-tree lined, paved walking trail along the river that we have enjoyed even before we stayed here. The Animas river here flows down from Colorado and do not miss driving up north about an hour to see Durango and the San Juan Mountains, which I think are the most spectacular mountains in the continental U.S. (with the possible exception of the Tetons). As noted in other reviews there are several restaurants nearby including a Denny's and Village Inn, both right next door and open all day.

Room Tip: Check in early to be sure to get a room with a view of the river (no extra charge).
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Most hotel properties seem to have a few bad reviews, but we have only good to say about this one: 1) Very polite staff, 2) Extremely comfortable beds, 3) Very clean and neat, and 4) Very nice pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room. We also liked having the Denny's next door for a pretty good breakfast each morning.

Farmington is a good base for those who are interested in Native American culture and archaeological sites. We are extremely pleased that we chose the Courtyard by Marriott for a place to rest after days of exploration. The jacuzzi really helped soothe the ancient bones :-)

Room Tip: A room in the back would reduce road noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Courtyard Marriott Farming is a very nice looking property. Rooms were very clean, linen very clean, restrooms very clean. The only this I had a problem with was trying to sleep! All night I heard a loud humming noise and I felt my bed vibrating. Had to turn on the air conditioner to mask the humming noise. Slept very little at this hotel. Was in room 332, which is on the south side of the hotel and as I found out is above the restaurant. I talked to the lady at the front desk and voiced my lack of sleep due to vibration and humming noise. The women told me that I was probably a vent from the restaurant vibrating up onto the wall as the duct makes it way to the outside. Nice facility, but poor when it came time to help me rest and sleep!!!:(

Room Tip: I guess ask for a room that is the furthest away from the kitchen/restaurant!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!