“Stuff/smokey smell? outside non-smoking room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Farmington
Marysville, Washington
“Stuff/smokey smell? outside non-smoking room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

After booking this place, we were worried due to the Trip Advisor reviews. We had booked here due to the lack of availability of rooms at nicer locations in Farmington/Aztec/Bloomfield.

We pulled in the parking lot and noticed the obvious cameras mounted outside the building. We walked in the front door and noted the small window, presumable for late night check ins and to avoid robberies. We walked in the lobby and were quickly checked in. As I wasn't sure we would actually stay, we went upstairs sans luggage and checked out the room. I thought the hallway seemed stuffy. We had a non-smoking room. My wife thought the hallway reeked of smoke. From the hallway we could hear what sounded to possibly be people arguing down the hall in another room.

We stepped in the small room. The decor and painting appeared to have been recently updated. The room was small, but had a TV, fridge and microwave. The room was nicer than I had expected. My wife wasn't real pleased with the place and complained of what she thought was the smell of smoke in the hallway. For a $60 room, I was pleased. My wife wouldn't give this place nearly as good a review, so I settled for an average review rating overall.

The bathroom was clean. The showerhead puts out lots of water and both my wife and I commented on the good shower. We could have used a few more towels.

For breakfast we went down to the small breakfast room. I don't remember real well, but I think they might have had a waffle maker. My recollection was a it was a typical offering of high sugar, high carb. options for the free breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Longview, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel overall was okay, nothing too exciting but rooms were clean and staff nice. Only complaint would be the bar that is located in the hotel apparently turns into a night club on the weekends and charged a $15.00 cover charge (or something like that). When your only looking to get one drink, the cover charge seemed steep, other than that stay was sufficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Rooms were adequate with good size refrigerator, comfortable beds, and helpful staff. This was good for the one night stay on our way to Colorado. Staff had purchased extra bags of ice when the ice maker broke and supplied the patrons with ice. Can't say much about other amenities; crashed late and left early.

Room Tip: Too tired to give tips.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were passing through Farmington and were happy to stay here. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We also liked that there was a pool we were able to enjoy for a few hours in the morning before getting back on the road. Room was clean and all was well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cortez, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Quality Inn displays all the "Q" signs that signify what Quality Inn provides, but none of the friendliness or upkeep. If Quality Inn has corporate standards (I wonder!?), I doubt this property would pass. I think this was a nice property at one time, but now breakfast area cushions are stained, the outside plants are dying - basically there hasn't been any upkeep. The common areas were very hot - the breakfast area was miserably so. I propped the door open with a baby chair. Our bed was comfortable and clean, as were the bathrooms, but the room window seat area was stained. When we asked for a receipt, the desk clerk could not provide one, said he had no idea how much we paid because we made our reservations through "corporate", which was not the case. We made reservations through another Farmington Property (Holiday Inn I think?) that has the same ownership. The front desk & breakfast employees we came in contact with were not rude, but not friendly, didn't smile, seemed quite detached from their guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room was adequate but there was no table so using lap tops or eating in the room was not possible.. Breakfast was standard fare and the room was dark enough for sleep. The hotel clerk was friendly. Again no one new what was on tv. Seems no one watchs tv in the Four Corners region. Clean room but nothing special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was the worst Quality Inn I have ever experienced. Years ago, Quality Inn was a brand I could trust. This hotel was run down. My room was small, had beat up furniture, dark army green interior walls, and stains on the chair cushions. The lobby reminded me of a nursing home for the indigent. Unless you are desperate, I suggest you book another hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo