“Going Downhill Fast!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live jazz music Wednesday through Sunday nights.
Farmington, New Mexico
“Going Downhill Fast!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've been here twice this week, once for mothers day and once for my nieces birthday, both times have been FAR from satisfactory. The kitchen has been extremely slow both times and on mothers day the service was terrible. They brought me the wrong food on mothers day and I was told that if I wanted to get what I ordered it was going to take a long time because the kitchen was backed up. On my nieces birthday the service was very good but again the food took forever and was just mediocre. We ordered dessert both times as well, on mothers day it was really good but yesterday the port brownie was cold and hard. This use to be a place that I really enjoyed to go for a good meal, not anymore. I wouldn't recommend this place until it makes a huge turnaround, which is sad to say because I really enjoy unique, local places to eat as long as the food and service is up to par.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
StClairBistro, Public Relations Manager at St. Clair Winery and Bistro, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We apologize for your negative experience at our restaurant. We strive to make our restaurant a place that our customers love to be at, enjoying exceptional products and services. We'd like to hear more about your visit and any suggestions you may have that may earn your trust. Please email any details to our Retail Division Manager, Rick Sharp, at comments@stclairwinery.com. Thank you in advance for helping us improve.

Marietta, Georgia
“Good food and good sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The menu has several good options and the wine is a good value. We ate here three times during a four day stay in Farmington because it was the best place to eat in the area.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, New Mexico
“Good for date night or friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I recently went to St Clair's with some other mom friends for a night out without kids. I really like their wines and enjoyed my Pinot Grigio. I also like the French Onion soup though this time it could've used a bit more seasoning. The Pasta Danielle was good too. A bit of a kick but not so spicy I couldn't eat it. Dessert was their brownie sundae and it was quite good. We had a group of 6 ladies and the service was ok. Our waitress was nice but the wait for the food seemed long. We ended up staying until closing had passed but no one hurried us away.

I will comment that I don't think this is a very kid friendly restaurant. Also, I feel it's slightly overpriced, even for Farmington. I do enjoy going in and stocking up on their wine.

Beijing, China
“Long wait for mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I stopped through Farmington on our way to Telluride. We sat down and as soon as the waitress came over, placed our order for two salads and a cup of soup. We then waited over 45 minutes for the food to come. The waitress didn't stop by and tell us what was happening or apologize or anything...we just waited.

The restaurant was busy but not slammed, and seeing as a salad and a cup of soup have to be the quickest things the kitchen can make, I can't for the life of me imagine what went wrong. And I will never know as no one explained to me what happened or why it happened.

The food we ended up getting was decent but not in any way spectacular. Tasted a bit like poor quality chain restaurant food.

I would recommend going elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
StClairBistro, Public Relations Manager at St. Clair Winery and Bistro, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We are sorry to hear of the delay in service and experience. We will be reviewing your visit with our service team. A crowded restaurant is no excuse for not having stellar service. I am confident we will not disappoint should you try us again.
Farmington
“Quaint place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to meet friends and have a delicious lunch. The food is not your ordinary fare but great one of a kind items.

• Visited February 2014