“Good for date night or friends” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live jazz music Wednesday through Sunday nights.
Farmington, New Mexico
“Good for date night or friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I recently went to St Clair's with some other mom friends for a night out without kids. I really like their wines and enjoyed my Pinot Grigio. I also like the French Onion soup though this time it could've used a bit more seasoning. The Pasta Danielle was good too. A bit of a kick but not so spicy I couldn't eat it. Dessert was their brownie sundae and it was quite good. We had a group of 6 ladies and the service was ok. Our waitress was nice but the wait for the food seemed long. We ended up staying until closing had passed but no one hurried us away.

I will comment that I don't think this is a very kid friendly restaurant. Also, I feel it's slightly overpriced, even for Farmington. I do enjoy going in and stocking up on their wine.

Beijing, China
“Long wait for mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I stopped through Farmington on our way to Telluride. We sat down and as soon as the waitress came over, placed our order for two salads and a cup of soup. We then waited over 45 minutes for the food to come. The waitress didn't stop by and tell us what was happening or apologize or anything...we just waited.

The restaurant was busy but not slammed, and seeing as a salad and a cup of soup have to be the quickest things the kitchen can make, I can't for the life of me imagine what went wrong. And I will never know as no one explained to me what happened or why it happened.

The food we ended up getting was decent but not in any way spectacular. Tasted a bit like poor quality chain restaurant food.

I would recommend going elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
StClairBistro, Public Relations Manager at St. Clair Winery and Bistro, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We are sorry to hear of the delay in service and experience. We will be reviewing your visit with our service team. A crowded restaurant is no excuse for not having stellar service. I am confident we will not disappoint should you try us again.
Farmington
“Quaint place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to meet friends and have a delicious lunch. The food is not your ordinary fare but great one of a kind items.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, New Mexico
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have enjoyed St. Clair Winery and Bistro since the restaurant opened. We enjoy lunch and dinner and have always had wonderful meals and their delicious wines as well. Never had a meal we did not love.

Visited October 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Good Food and Excellent Service, Paired With Good Wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pros: Outstanding Management, Service, and Hosts, Great Food, Delicious Wines, Relaxing Atmosphere
Cons: Lack of Locations

My wife and I no longer live in Farmington and left just before St. Clair's was placed in Farmington. We now live on the East coast and look forward to our visits home and dining at St. Clair's while we are home. St.Clair's has everything that we look for in a restaurant, great style, atmosphere, the service and staff is beyond hospitable. We went here several times while on Christmas vacations with our family. Most times were for dinner, however we enjoyed lunch and a few breaks from the holiday shopping.

I will start by saying the service and welcome is outstanding. We were greeted on many occasions by managers and various staff. Regardless of being served we were continuously offered if someone could help us or get us anything. (Ben, Lawrance, Molly, Treasure, and many other servers provided us with top notch service.)

The food is excellent. The "french country dishes" are excellent quality and good portions. Some dishes have a Southwest/New Mexico spin on them, items like the Pasta New Mexico, Pasta Danielle, and other items. The steaks were always cooked to our liking. The few sandwiches we had were delicious. Their menu has most of their items paired with a wine, most are pair fairly well.

The wines are great overall. They seem to have a few different types, St. Clair's, Blue Teal, and DH Lescombes. I was partial and would recommend the DH Lescombes and felt the Blue Teal was less than average. Try the wine flights as they provide good portions and way to get a good idea of which wines are best for you. Both Ports are very good if into sweet, strong, red wines.

St. Clair's also hosted our family baby shower in their events room, which provided plenty of space for up to 60 people. They provided a few overly-courteous servers to make sure that everything was taken care of and all our needs were met. They were beyond helpful and made the event that much easier and greater. St. Clair's will also host other special events, private tastings, catering, group meetings, weddings, and holiday parties.

Overall, I highly recommend this place! Between the location, atmosphere, service, wine, food, and overall experience and hospitality, this place is amazing. As said in another post, I would much rather have this place than the Olive Garden next door. We want to thank St. Clair's for the experiences we had while home and for them hosting our Baby Shower while we were home. Thanks and we look forward to dining here again!

• Visited January 2014