“Great wine, average food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live jazz music Wednesday through Sunday nights.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great wine, average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

When I travel, I enjoy trying out local wine, and this seemed to fit the bill. The front lobby was a little confusing, and when I entered, I had no idea if it was a shop or where to go for dinner service. Finally, a server came and showed me to a table quickly even though I had no reservation. The place was semi-packed. I asked for the server's recommendation for local wine, and I got Blue Teal Cabernet Sauvignon, which was good. I decided on St Clair Chicken which was cooked with charadonnay wine and garlic, and accompanied with mashed potatoes and vegetable. I didn't find it to be anything special, and that there were too much mashed potato on the dish. I hate wasting food, and also hate bringing leftovers out when I am traveling, so I tried to finish it all. I thought it was too much for one person. Don't think I would come back to this place again if I was going through Farmington. It would be good if you wanted to try some wines with small snacks, but for dinner, maybe not. I only came here one time, so I can't know for sure about the rest of dinner food. Also as mentioned above, the shop portion of the restaurant also sells wine from their Winery.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Celebrated a work related Christmas party for 16 people. As usual food was excellent, service good, and I love it when the waiter lets you add your own tip for a party over six people. Shows they are confident in their service.
Menu choice has something for everyone and the wine adds to overall experience.Atmosphere is relaxing.
St Clairs is always one of my first choices for dining out.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Order off the lunch specials menu... The Green Chili Chicken Stew served with Jalapeño Cornbread was Great!!!! It's was a very low cost meal on a cold day. The wait staff was fast and efficient. Thanks

Farmington, New Mexico
“Wonderful experience and wonderful wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We held a private party there for about 40 people. The private room was comfortable and the servers were fantastic! Somewhat knowledgeable about gluten free items.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Wait service definitely lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have been to the St. Clair Winery and Bistro and found that it had good service and good food. Its sister restaurant in Farmington did not make a good dining experience. I asked for a glass of water three times before one was actually delivered. Then at the end of the meal another glass of water was suddenly delivered. I ordered the Mesilla Chicken sandwich particularly because it contained green chile. What was served to me was a garlic chicken dinner platter. When the waiter was asked why that was my order he told me they did not serve the Mesilla Chicken past 4. He just ordered a meal for me without asking me. I did not accept the meal he ordered and asked to see the menu. I ordered something I thought would be quick...tortilla soup. By the time it was delivered to me, the other people at my table had almost finished their meals. The soup met the caliber I was expecting of St. Clair. The accompanying corn bread was soggy/undercooked. It was after I finished my meal that the extra glass of water arrived. No dessert or coffee was offered at the end of the meal. I do not expect to return to this St. Clair Winery and Bistro. The only reason I rated this average instead of poor was that the others at the table enjoyed their food.

Visited December 2013