“Nice Dining and Wining in Farmington” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live jazz music Wednesday through Sunday nights.
Farmington, New Mexico
“Nice Dining and Wining in Farmington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

First, I will start with saying, this is New Mexico Wine - and I have grown to appreciate and enjoy it. You can find some good value and great wines if you explore. Taste whatever you like, there is no charge. Then enjoy a glass or bottle.

Second, I enjoy my visit unless snooty bartenders are present. Totally uncalled for and not appreciated. 95% of my visits are extremely pleasant and I am a frequent repeat offender here.

Food is above average for Farmington and the atmosphere is very pleasant.
Management team is exceptional and I appreciate their attention to detail and response to the needs of customers and employees. They are always on the floor, in the kitchen and immersed in the daily care of the restaurant.

I enjoy the daily soup and salad, all salad choices, excellent burger and baked mac&cheese appetizer. Did not like the open faced pot roast sandwich as the gravy tasted "canned".

All in all an excellent choice for the 4 corners area and where I dine most frequently in Farmington.
PS- most wait staff are Excellent and friendly- you have to appreciate that!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good for Farmington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you're forced to eat out in Farmington, this is one of the better places to go.

The atmosphere and ambiance are the big plusses. They often have a local unoffensive musician there on weekend nights, which I like.

The food is pretty good (I love the grilled salmon), but the side dishes are often not hot enough, as if they sat in the window for too long.

The service, overall, is decent, but very inconsistent. We've had servers that were outstanding, and we've had some that really sucked, and everything in between.

The wine is just OK - it's all from their NM winery, but we're usually able to find something good enough.

Great desserts. We love the port brownie sundae!

Visited August 2013
“Tasty Food and Wine, Not So Tasty Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went to this location for lunch on an off-work day. Place was busy but not packed and we were seated within 5-10 minutes.
Waiter noted my indecision with wine and came back with a sample of the wine of the day, a Pinot Noir. It was good and I was sold on a glass. I got the Bistro Dip (a French dip). I expected thinner onions but they were very thick cut, so I removed them. The sandwich was good, as was the complementary bread before the meal. My colleague got the Marguerite sandwich and was also happy with it.
Main downside is the price of most items on the menu for what you get.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas, USA
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I didn't expect such luscious food and great service. We were very pleased. Had a wonderful meal with wonderful people and fantastic dessert that was shared by all. Great place!

Visited September 2013
Farmington, New Mexico
“LOTS OF SWANK, MODERATE RANK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Delightful ambiance. Wide variety of tasty wines. Non-distinguished food, with very moderate portions and a ****price. Pleasant, but not memorable.

• Visited August 2013