“Nice, Comfortable, Good Pool and Hot Tub... and well Equipted Rooms 3.5stars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Farmington

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Farmington
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice, Comfortable, Good Pool and Hot Tub... and well Equipted Rooms 3.5stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The standard room was a bit small for a mini suite, but it was clean and well appointed. Sheets & towels were large, clean and abundant. Hot tub was actually hot enough to enjoy (kudos). The property is off of the main drag so noise level is less. Carpets need a cleaning. Weekend staff needs a tad more training . I am an "elite" member and normally, when available, I get a larger room, but the front desk told me that an upgrade was "above his skill set". OK... Not a crises and really a bed is a bed. Just a few thing could be tweaked to make it a better stay, otherwise a great property. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Donna M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Farmington, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your response and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your understanding of our service members "in training". Our focus is our guest and we hope all our guests have a positive experience to share. Your input is an encouragement as well as a helpful tool to help us meet our goals and your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I have always stayed at the Hampton Inn for business in Farmington but decided to give TownePlace a try this time. For the same price as the Hampton you get a much better place to stay. This hotel is practically new. Its very modern and the rooms are like small apartments and are very comfortable. The gym is spacious and the indoor pool and jacuzzi are a plus. Rooms are quiet so you get a good nights sleep.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rio Rancho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

TownePlace is a great place. The Pros outweigh the cons.

PROS Kitchen with 2 Burner Stove, Microwave, Refridgerator, pots, pans, dishes & silverware.
Swimming Pool (Small) & Jacuzzi
Business center in lobby
Exercise Room
Free Breakfast (powdered eggs, sausage, waffle, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bisquits/gravy, etc
Near many restaurants & across the street from grocery store.

CONS: Breakfast was OK
Room is small.
When sofa bed is opened, it touches the bottom of the bed.Must crawl into bed.

It definitely beats a hotel because of the kitchen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is very clean and has a nice room with full fridge, microwave, dishes and dishwater. It is like an apartment but the weekday rates show that you are paying for the apartment style additions. The pet fee is $100.00 that is non refundable which does not compare to the lower fees anywhere else which I do not feel is pet friendly. The beds were comfortable, coffeemaker in the room and free hot breakfast in the lobby are a plus. Overall one of the nicer hotels in Farmington as long as you are a non smoker with no pets looking for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week for work. I am a smoker and continue to smoke outside. Upon finishing up working for the day I came back to my room after going outside to smoke to take a bath. As I like my baths/showers extremely hot there is a sufficient amount of steam that comes from the bathroom. Needless to say when I opened my bathroom door the fire alarm in my room goes off. You cannot turn it off inside the room. An employee comes in and says open the window in the rudest of ways. She then leaves to have them turn the fire alarm off. The manager Donna Mills then comes to my door and asks if everything is alright. I tell her about the steam. She says I smell smoke. I say it is probably on me as I am a smoker. She did at no time come to the bathroom to see the steamed mirror. I wake up to a smoke charge on my bill of $250.00 - Needless to say I am not happy! Will never stay here for work again. NEVER - rude people and didn't have the guts to tell me to my face she was charging me that fee as she stood outside my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Donna M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Farmington, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hello Tana,
In response to your review, there seems to be some confusion. When the room alarm is set off, our staff is required to go to the room and make sure there is no emergency, and then we suggest opening the window to air out the room so it doesn't go off again when we reset it, which my front desk manager did. At no time did I come to your room and speak with you. I appreciate your input and if my staff was rude to you in any way, I apologize. Great customer service is our goal and we would like for all of our guests to have a good experience when they leave.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We're staying in the 2 bedroom suite! It has all the accommodations you could possibly ask for! Excellent stay to relax in the jacuzzi & wake up to making breakfast in your very own room or take advantage of the continental breakfast downstairs! It's located in a great located, bank across the street along with Olive Garden, St. Claire's Wine & bistro, Red Brick Pizza, Target, Walmart, Mall & Movie Theater!

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Farmington, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your response. We are so excited that you had a pleasant stay. We strive to have all our guests leave with that good feeling. We hope to see you again soon.
Colorado, PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and i were traveling through Farmington and stopped for the night. I had made the reservation on what I believed to be the Marriott reservation website. I did not see a non-refundable pet deposit requirement. Upon my arrival, I noticed a sign that indicated the pet deposit. I asked the clerk if I could cancel my room. She told me that I could not because it was already prepaid. My options at that point were to pay the pet deposit or to go to a different hotel and lose my room payment. I felt stuck and paid the pet deposit. I called the hotel upon my return home and was then told that I could have cancelled my room because I had checked in prior to 6:00 p.m. She apologized and put me on hold. She took nearly 5 minutes and then proceeded to tell me exactly where the pet policy was on the website. If it took her 5 minutes to find it, how was I supposed to find it on the road? I am dissatisfied with the conflicting information regarding cancelling my room and feeling stuck to pay $200 for a $100 room.

If you have severe pet allergies, I would not recommend staying here. I don't know what how they clean for my $100 deposit, but someone with severe allergies would likely still be sensitive to the pet dander.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the confusion on early check outs, with prepaid reservations, as well as our pet policy and the inconvenience this situation caused you. Great customer service is our goal and I appreciate your comments and we will use them to help us continue to deliver that to our guests.

Been to TownePlace Suites Farmington? Share your experiences!