“Worth Staying Here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Rio Rancho
“Worth Staying Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

TownePlace is a great place. The Pros outweigh the cons.

PROS Kitchen with 2 Burner Stove, Microwave, Refridgerator, pots, pans, dishes & silverware.
Swimming Pool (Small) & Jacuzzi
Business center in lobby
Exercise Room
Free Breakfast (powdered eggs, sausage, waffle, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bisquits/gravy, etc
Near many restaurants & across the street from grocery store.

CONS: Breakfast was OK
Room is small.
When sofa bed is opened, it touches the bottom of the bed.Must crawl into bed.

It definitely beats a hotel because of the kitchen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is very clean and has a nice room with full fridge, microwave, dishes and dishwater. It is like an apartment but the weekday rates show that you are paying for the apartment style additions. The pet fee is $100.00 that is non refundable which does not compare to the lower fees anywhere else which I do not feel is pet friendly. The beds were comfortable, coffeemaker in the room and free hot breakfast in the lobby are a plus. Overall one of the nicer hotels in Farmington as long as you are a non smoker with no pets looking for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week for work. I am a smoker and continue to smoke outside. Upon finishing up working for the day I came back to my room after going outside to smoke to take a bath. As I like my baths/showers extremely hot there is a sufficient amount of steam that comes from the bathroom. Needless to say when I opened my bathroom door the fire alarm in my room goes off. You cannot turn it off inside the room. An employee comes in and says open the window in the rudest of ways. She then leaves to have them turn the fire alarm off. The manager Donna Mills then comes to my door and asks if everything is alright. I tell her about the steam. She says I smell smoke. I say it is probably on me as I am a smoker. She did at no time come to the bathroom to see the steamed mirror. I wake up to a smoke charge on my bill of $250.00 - Needless to say I am not happy! Will never stay here for work again. NEVER - rude people and didn't have the guts to tell me to my face she was charging me that fee as she stood outside my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Donna M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Farmington, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hello Tana,
In response to your review, there seems to be some confusion. When the room alarm is set off, our staff is required to go to the room and make sure there is no emergency, and then we suggest opening the window to air out the room so it doesn't go off again when we reset it, which my front desk manager did. At no time did I come to your room and speak with you. I appreciate your input and if my staff was rude to you in any way, I apologize. Great customer service is our goal and we would like for all of our guests to have a good experience when they leave.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We're staying in the 2 bedroom suite! It has all the accommodations you could possibly ask for! Excellent stay to relax in the jacuzzi & wake up to making breakfast in your very own room or take advantage of the continental breakfast downstairs! It's located in a great located, bank across the street along with Olive Garden, St. Claire's Wine & bistro, Red Brick Pizza, Target, Walmart, Mall & Movie Theater!

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Farmington, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your response. We are so excited that you had a pleasant stay. We strive to have all our guests leave with that good feeling. We hope to see you again soon.
Colorado, PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and i were traveling through Farmington and stopped for the night. I had made the reservation on what I believed to be the Marriott reservation website. I did not see a non-refundable pet deposit requirement. Upon my arrival, I noticed a sign that indicated the pet deposit. I asked the clerk if I could cancel my room. She told me that I could not because it was already prepaid. My options at that point were to pay the pet deposit or to go to a different hotel and lose my room payment. I felt stuck and paid the pet deposit. I called the hotel upon my return home and was then told that I could have cancelled my room because I had checked in prior to 6:00 p.m. She apologized and put me on hold. She took nearly 5 minutes and then proceeded to tell me exactly where the pet policy was on the website. If it took her 5 minutes to find it, how was I supposed to find it on the road? I am dissatisfied with the conflicting information regarding cancelling my room and feeling stuck to pay $200 for a $100 room.

If you have severe pet allergies, I would not recommend staying here. I don't know what how they clean for my $100 deposit, but someone with severe allergies would likely still be sensitive to the pet dander.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the confusion on early check outs, with prepaid reservations, as well as our pet policy and the inconvenience this situation caused you. Great customer service is our goal and I appreciate your comments and we will use them to help us continue to deliver that to our guests.
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My email to the GM says it all:

"Dear Ms. Mills,

I was scheduled to stay at your property yesterday through Saturday on business with the US Government (edited to remove department.) Last night, I got orders to change my location to Utah. I have stayed at your property before, in fact a few weeks ago. Check-in was perfect, even a call asking how the room was. I have stayed about 1280 days at Marriott properties in my lifetime. Platinum Premiere, whatever that means. You have a nice place, but when I went to check out, I saw some ugliness from your employee working the front desk. Simply, she told me she was going to change my rate to about $50.00 higher for checking out early, and argued with me like an angry person. I think I stay at Marriott enough to know this was uncalled for. She was delaying me to get on the road, and I asked her to please check me out and give me the receipt and I would call the Platinum line and post a review of Trip Advisor. I will still do both, since I am quite a simple guy, who usually sends accolades. And, I figured I would give you the first shot. But, I have never been treated with such unprofessionalism and I ask very little in professional and kind communication. I asked to speak with you, but was advised you were not there. And, when she printed my receipt, she told me it would be at the Fed rate and issued a warning to me I was put on notice, whatever that means. I will never stay at your property again for being treated like like I was. I stay at the Courtyard as well, and that is where I will stay. No problem. Not sure how emailing my comments to the Marriott site affects your property, or Trip Advisor, for that matter, but they need to know. I spend thousands each year and I was treated better at the Travel Lodge in Farmington.

Sincerely,"

Room Tip: Be sure to never stay there on government business, or any business for that matter if you have a jo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of our 3 week motorcycle adventure. Chose this location due to riding the train in Durango and it's proximity.

Again, I am a HUGE Marriott fan and a multi-year gold rewards member. But some properties just need new management/staff. This is one of those.

Note to GM. Your parking situation and security is terrible. We were on motorcycles and had few choces of level parking spots. Also little choice of secure locations. When we asked the front desk about parking on the patio area to the left of the front door we were told no. When we asked about security patrols we were told the Farmington police drive through periodicaly, but not every night. I asked about cameras and was told there are none.

I don't know about the room sizes in this property, but ours was tiny. I've stayed at many TownePlace properties and this was by far the smallest room yet.

One comment for the engineering/maintenance folks. The full length mirror in the bathroom is in a terrible location and could break easily if the door is opened wrong. I would hate to be the guest who cuts themselves as a result of this poor design.

The breakfast was ok. Nothing special. On the 2 mornings we were there they hostess was not keeping the tables clean nor was she keeping the items stocked. Not sure where she was or wht she was doing. The OJ dispenser was dispensing more water than OJ both mornings even after she fiddled with it.

The location is good. There's a Target across the street. Plenty of restaurants.

Not my favorite stay, but not the worst either.

As I said in my review of the Courtyard Page AZ. If I could get my points back I would. There should be some sort of "Satisfaction Guarantee".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Farmington? Share your experiences!