“repeat stay, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Cortez, Colorado
“repeat stay, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel during an out-of-town date-weekend. The pool and hot tub were excellent (pool was warm and hot tub was actually hot!) The fitness center is much better than others we've used before - there are free weights in addition to treadmills and elipticals. We didn't utilize the kitchenette to its full potential, but having the option to cook in-room is great.

The bed was comfortable and very clean, and the room decor is modern, (nice flat screen LG television too). We had a king size bed, and the room also had a sleeper sofa.

The check-in staff was incredibly friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Most impressive of all, in our opinion, is the breakfast they offer the hotel guests! We had so many options to choose from: waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, toast, pastries, bagels, and an oatmeal bar with at least 5 toppings. We were also happy to see some high-protein, lower carb options as well - cottage cheese and fruits to put in: strawberries, pineapple and peaches; hard-boiled eggs and yogurt were in the mini refrigerator.

Overall - we loved our stay. We've recommended the hotel to family and friends already, and are planning a return visit within the next month. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Southwest US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here previously in June 2012 and was in Farmington for business again. You may want to see my prior review because all of the things I said still appear to be valid. However for this stay I was given a one-room suite with a separate living room which was a very nice enhancement over my prior room. It made me wish I could stay longer and hang out.

I will reiterate from my earlier review that the location of this hotel is superior to any comparable property in town. The Hapmton Inn (a chain that I really like) is in a not-so-nice part of town and is not near any good restaurants and shopping. That being said I must report that the only thing keeping this stay less than excellent for me was the view from the north side of the buidling. The TownePlace Suites is next to an abondoned business and from the 3rd floor you can easily see the litter accumulating in the lot behind the building. I was born and raised in Farmington and this is honestly one of the worst views I've ever had from a hotel in any part of the world. Management could help themselves (and the image of the town) by cleaning up the lot and planting some tall evergreens to hide the view next door.

Room Tip: For a more pleasant view, ask for a room on the south side of the building.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

First I want to say this is a very nice property and we had a great time. The breakfast is good and location is easy to get too. Right next to an Outback and Chili's. The rooms are very nice with refrigerator, cook top, microwave, and dish washer. The pool and hot tub were great. That is what we went for as it was my granddaughter's birthday. My dissappointment was that I booked with expedia a two queen room. From all I have read all rooms have a couch. My room had 1 queen and a couch. It was ok we made it work but I did want 2 beds. and my other surprise was that because I had a local ID I had to put a $250 deposit down. I have used expedia many times and that was a first. But the hotel was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Farmington is not the most pleasant place in the country, but it has great fishing and so we go there.

We've tried all the hotels by now, and found them all sub-standard, and most not very friendly.

The worst of these is the Hampton where we were told if we wern't happy we should go somewhere else.

We tried the TownPlace for the first time and found it a pleasant surprise. It was clean, well managed, and the folks were all friendly, sometimes to a fault.

The one bedroom suite is a bit small, but cozy for two with a full fridge, cooktop, microwave and sink, though it did lack a table, using a roll out from the desk as a substitute.

We'll try the bigger two room suite next time, though with just the twoi of us we really don't need it.

The brakfast was the best we've seen for this class hotel, and the food hot and ready on time.

We recommend this hotel to anyone stuck staying in Farmington.

Room Tip: Go for the 2 room if there is more than 2 of you
Ponca City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everything about this hotel is positive - with one teeny tiny exception - The breakfast muffins are yukky and the morning coffee isnt too great either.
The check-in, service, cleanliness, decor, convenience, kitchen facilities are top notch. We arrived on Thanksgiving Eve and we were told that there would be minimal srvice to the room the next morning since it was Thanksgiving. We were asked what would be required for our needs. We requested just clean towels and the beds made. Pleasantly surprised when we returned to our room, it had received a complete clean.

Room Tip: our room was a bit close to the elevator, but the noise it caused was really minimal
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and I'll begin by stating the reasons why I enjoyed it followed by the reasons why I did not give it 5 stars. The good: The staff were very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. They were flexible about their already generous check in and check out times and always seemed ready and eager to help. The 24/7 tea and coffee in the lobby is awesome touch. I can't say enough about the impeccable selection of hot teas they stocked and most were decaffeinated too. Extremely comfortable beds and pillows as well as modern, well appointed rooms. Free newspapers is always pleasant and the exercise room was better than most with free weights up to 50 lbs. The property is new and is in an excellent state repair and cleanliness (despite the fact that they allow pets.)

Things that could be improved: the breakfast - the selection was good with a couple of great extras like fresh salsa, but the overall quality was just average. The eggs were barely edible and there weren't any breakfast potatoes or fresh fruit except bananas. The cereal selection was good and the breakfast pastries and bread were of average quality at best. Also, there weren't any to-go containers for the oatmeal, (toppings included: crushed walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and raisins.) which was by far the best item they served.

I was surprised about how small the rooms seemed considering they are suites. My room (1 king bed) was just the normal size of a regular hotel room. They kind of cram everything in there, but it was efficient and effective. The kitchen appliances, most notably the microwave, are of high quality. My bathroom was very nice and spacious, but there were a couple of minor annoyances. First off, the towels were of low quality. Also, the soap dishes (there are two stacked on top of one another) in the shower are in an awkward place in the corner of the shower next to the handle. When bending down to adjust the water temperature its very easy to bang your head (like I did) when standing back up.

Also, the property is located in the newest area of town away from the other hotels and is within walking distance or a short drive to the mall, Albertsons (also has the cheapest gas in town), Olive Garden, Outback, Chili's and several other restaurants as well as banks and a Verizon store. It's location is north east on the route towards Durango. While this is convenient - it can also be inconvenient depending on whether you are traveling locally during your stay. For instance, I drove to Shiprock and let me tell you I counted 29 red lights I passed through just to get to the other side of town. I would have preferred a more centralized location closer to downtown (about a 10 - 12 minute drive.) Also, the parking at the hotel is kind of tight. The spots in the front fill up fast and they are small.

Honestly, I still would have given the hotel a 5 star rating except for one very important reason - the hotel room doors slam hard when they close. It seems like this was done purposely for safety reasons, but it definitely affects sleep quality. Unless you are very conscious about standing there to make sure your door doesn't slam shut then it is going to bang hard. You can practically hear it happening on the floors below you. It only woke me up once during my two night stay (I wear ear plugs) so it really wasn't a huge issue but it was disconcerting.

Other than that, awesome property and I enjoyed an excellent rate (thanks Marriott) and most likely will be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have a pretty big family. Usually finding a hotel that has the space for our family is very difficult. The TownPlace had the room. We stayed in the two bedroom suite and were very impressed. It had two bedrooms, three tv's, a kitchenette, and plenty of room. The rest of the hotel was also extremely nice. I immediately went to marriot and signed up for their rewards program. Greta hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Farmington? Share your experiences!