“These little places are usually the best!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Farmington, New Mexico
“These little places are usually the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

After a week of dealing with a cold, I wanted something spicy to help clear up my head. My boyfriend took me here, one of his favourite places for lunch during the week. I had the chili rellenos (my favourite dish) with green chili. Everything was tasty, hot, and fresh. The host looks like an intimidating guy, but he is very friendly! One of the better and overlooked eateries in Farmington. Can't wait to go back when my tastebuds are at full capacity.

• Visited December 2013

Farmington, New Mexico
“Home owned family mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a hole in the wall that could easily be overlooked at the end of a strip mall. Once you know about it it is likely that you will return as they take pride in the food they make. Definitely a locals place to eat where most know the owners by name. Have heard they have a great Breakfast but have not been there except for lunch and dinner. Definitely a great Mexican Restaurant in Farmington.

• Visited September 2013
New Mexico
“Delicious Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Food is fresh and great! The staff is super friendly, my kids love their bean burritos! My favorites are the asada torta, taco salad and their posole is delicious. It's a bit pricey for the kids plates but great overall!

• Visited October 2013
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
“Family owned Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant is owned and run by Francisca and her family. The tortillas are home made, the queso dip is served with fried flour tortillas and is the best appetizer I've ever had in a Mexican restaurant! They will help you with your Spanish and are friendly and real....order your sopapillas even if you think you'll be too full!

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham
“Authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Okay - someone told us about this place so we tried it. We weren't impressed when we drove up but we went in anyway and I'm glad we did. The staff was very friendly and seemed eager to see us. The flauta was good, the taco salad was good, and the chimichanga was great (huge portion). The salsa was smokey and spicy but very good. The queso was outstanding so you definitely want to start with that. The sopapillas were good too. Good hard-working folks running a top-notch restaurant.

• Visited October 2012