“Well...I wouldn't.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   604-B S Riverside Drive, Espanola, NM 87532 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Espanola
“Well...I wouldn't.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

well, I can tell you that the water is hot and tye vending machine is ok. But found the bed still witch crumbs UNDER my sheets and blankets, multiple mystery stains in and around the bed and multiple different rag-tag patches around the ceiling, that looked to hold back mold spots. As one of my brothers put it, its like a real mexican hotel, don't touch anything that didn't come out of a bottle or package.

• Stayed June 2014
Adriana S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rodeway Inn in Espanola NM. Your feed back is very important to us.

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide superior guest experience, sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Best Regards,
Helen Morfin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Evansville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Perhaps it was the wallpaper visibly peeling off the walls in the lobby or that smokey kinda smell that made me think I getting into a dump. But I had already used up one veto and couldn't risk another with my partner so we stayed here. If I had been blind, this probably wouldn't have been that bad. The bed was actually comfortable with a thick mattress pad and the shower had better than average water pressure. But everywhere I looked, I saw "icky". The front desk clerk's enthusiastic food recommendation "La Cocina" was on par with this hotel so we didn't even try the breakfast room the next day. I had wonderful photos of the dust accumulating in the corners to the missing lightbulbs and, my favorite, two identical wall hangings side by side which at least gave us a few laughs. Unfortunately TripAdvisor's limitations made including them in my review a real pain. Driving through run-down Espanola, I suspect this isn't just a dumpy motel--it's a dumpy city.

Room Tip: Stay in Santa Fe. Avoid Espanola altogether.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adriana S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rodeway Inn, in Espanola NM. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Helen Morfin

Travelers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Monte Vista, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Looking through the other reviews for this hotel, it seems like the pool broke sometime around summer 2013. It's now April of 2014 and the pool is still "out of order." What's the point of having a pool if it's never going to get fixed? The entry door on the side of the building off of the first floor hallway was also broken so we had to enter through the main lobby entrance. The front door of the hotel is locked at 8 p.m. so you have to ring a doorbell and wait for the front desk person to come let you in. Room seems clean though except for the holes in the bedding. Overall not bad just for one night

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence and make sure that the problems that occurred during your stay will be resolved.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Not many choices of places to stay in Espanola, which may account for this place still passing as a Comfort Inn. It is in by far the worst shape of any Comfort Inn I have experienced. Lobby reeks of cigarettes and they do have smoking rooms and allow pets which gives the small hotel with indoor corridors an overall foul odor. The walls are paper thin and it is hard to get a good night's sleep between the guests that seem to roam the place at late hours and barking dogs. This place is overall just dingy, dirty, and old. The breakfast was the one highlight, there was juice and waffles among other selections.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were in town for an Anniversary party at the Santa Claran, however I have a family that loves the water and the Santa Claran does not have a pool so I stayed at this comfort inn away from all my family. I called 2 times to confirm other details of our stay not one time did any staff member tell me that their pool was broken. I was checked in and unpacked not any mention of the pool being broke. When we went to swim the door was locked, they finally told me it was broke. I asked for a refund and to cancel our rooms she then told me that since my card was charged there was no guarantee I would get my money back. Horrible dirty rooms, beds were dirty and the breakfast area was so small I just gave up on free breakfast which everything was made by a microwave so really no big loss. Please don't stay here, it's just as much money to stay at the nicer places.

• Stayed October 2013
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This property shows its age and is a bit rough around the edges. The room was clean and the breakfast was very good; the price was low. But the walls are thin, the plumbing from neighboring rooms noisy, and the second floor very creaky. It was convenient for us for one night, but another time I would try something else.

Room Tip: Get a room on second floor, unless perhaps you are hearing-impaired...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe D, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us! We value all our customers feedback.
Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was promised a room for $55.00 but it was upped to $68.00 when I got there. The rooms were completely filthy. The door to the bathroom was supposed to be white and I swear you couldn't it was supposed to be white with the black sticky hand prints and dirty fingers. it was so dirty the white door was nearly all black. The carpet was so funky you really don't want to go barefoot there. The pool not surprising, was empty. The beds were just ok, there were burn marks in my bedding for my non-smoking room!! The breakfast was a little better than average, but sure wasn't worth it the extra money for the filth rooms. When I checked in I noticed nop ice bucket and no wash clothes in the room. They made the desk clerks do the laundry so they were not easy to reach because they weren't at the desk much of the time and instead could be found in the laundry room. Ice machine was empty.....I would never go back there!!

Room Tip: Probably none of them are really worth it. The people who run this hotel are from a country that of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe D, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your stay. We value our customers input to make our hotel the best it can be. We work hard to do what we can and will certainly address your issues for a better future stay. Thank you.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!