“Really? This is good?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
espanola
“Really? This is good?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Soup was good, but sushi was average. Fish was room temperature and not cold. Sushi wasn't wrapped tight. Chicken teriyaki didn't have any flavor. We used half a bottle of soy sauce just to get flavor. Place was 1/4 full, but everybody still frazzled. We spent 60 bucks for average food and left hungry. Maybe it was an off night, but I don't think so. Sorry guys. Maybe we will try it again another time, but for now we will drive to Santa Fe for sushi rolls.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I live in Los Alamos and love oriental food. We have two chinese restaurants in town and in my opinion they both suck. I've been to Jo Ji's twice now, tried the habatchi grill...Excellant. I tried the chicken teriyaki...Excellant. When I feel like eating oriental food, I will definitly head for Jo Ji's

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Amazing -- should be #1 in Espanol.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I never intended to eat here, but I have friends who grew up eating sushi and who prepare it themselves. They ate here and loved it.

I tried and loved it and go back frequently. If you don't want raw seafood, they also have a wide variety of rolls with cooked seafood. My favorite is soft shelled crab.

Everyone loves the shrimp spring roll. As noted in the first review -- they also have the Japanese steak house type foot but I have never tried it here. The other food is just too good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fayette, Alabama
“An actual jewel in the New Mexico mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stumbled across this restaurant the other day. Great sushi is a prize dinner in my book and Jo Ji's is that prize. A small restaurant, but for the neighborhood sized perfectly, that has a menu with many options for all. There are several hibachi tables as well, which I did not try, but every seat was full the week night I had dinner here.

My Sushi was expertly prepared and as fresh as any I have ever had.

Thanks Jo Ji's.