“deferred maintenance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Espanola
Ridgefield
“deferred maintenance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Looks to me that the usual things aren't being done. Fire alarm zone not reset. Porcelain in sink broken. Tub fixtures bad. Door keys wouldn't work --probably battery in door assembly. On the upside -- staff very friendly and helpful. Bed okay. Quiet overnight -- maybe because house was not full.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Espanola
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was looking for a place that was near enough to Santa Fe but was not as expensive as the hotels there. This was about a 20-30minute drive to Santa Fe and I didn't mind the drive. Unfortunately, the supposedly non-smoking room that I was given had smoke odor everywhere. The bed sheets, carpet and couch had a cigarette smell to them and not just that, the bed cover had 2 cigarette hole burns in them. I was concerned about this because I had my 8-month old son with me. If that didn't turn me off, the bathroom door didn't close or lock, the toilet didn't flush (I had to fix it myself by opening the tank and moving the valve around), and the bathtub didn't drain water out. When I informed the front desk person, she stated that there was no other room available. Awesome. Gave me a bed sheet that I guess I was supposed to put over the cigarette burns. Will never be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Englewood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room was clean and neat. We were unable to connect to the wifi. The desk clerk gave us the password, we could see the connection, but, even after a second call, were unable to get online, and this computer is usually very user friendly for that sort of thing.
The breakfast was meager, but it got us on the road, and there was coffee even after the food was cleared. The place wasn't the spiffiest, but it was worn, not dirty, and a perfectly good place to spend the night.
The desk clerk was new to the job and the area, but was very nice and tried his best to help us with the wifi and directions. He did manage to apply a discount that the phone operator hadn't applied when we made the reservation, so, just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Espanola? Share your experiences!