“A Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Espanola to your Saves list
Days Inn Espanola
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   807 South Riverside Drive, Espanola, NM 87505   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Espanola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Checked in to an old room with roaches and work out bedding. Toilet did not flush and there were lots of noises that made sleeping difficult. Beds were hard.

Staff was rude and unhelpful. Overpriced at any price.

• Stayed October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

5 of us stayed here in 2 rooms. When I opened the door of the room I was assigned, I found luggage and clothing already in the room that was apparently already occupied by someone else. Fortunately, I didn't walk in on someone in the middle of something. The woman at the desk said the computer showed that room to be empty and available to rent. When she checked though, she found another room rented by the same person to still have luggage and clothing in it, although the computer showed it to be empty also. When I was assigned a different room ( #2 ), I got all unpacked and comfortable before finding that the toilet had no handle to flush it. Rather than ask for another room and go thru packing, moving and unpacking, I told the woman behind the desk that I would just remove the top from the toilet and flush it by hand. I asked for a reduced rate due to all the inconveniences, but was not given one...Do yourself a favor...Go elsewhere...there are a lot of places to stay in this town...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Espanola hotels

El Paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Customer Service was terrible, I reserved two (2) non smoking rooms due to the fact that my family suffers from asthma and allergies, and only one room was available upon arrival. Customer service rep, did nothing about it! Room was in pretty bad shape, and not very clean. I will never stay at this location ever again, and family and friends visit this area at least 4 times a year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our night at the Days Inn was definitely a mixed bag.

To begin with the hotel seems to be in a part of town that has seen better times. It is an older property and our room was near the office, upstairs. I am not sure if this is true of all the rooms, but ours seemed to have quite a lot of road noise.

The room itself was adequate and quite clean. The beds were okay, but the sheets seemed to be really thin. There was a little fridge but no microwave. We tried to set the clock twice, but it only seemed to work for about 4 hours before it went blank again. Although we had a reservation we were short towels - there was 1 wash cloth, 2 hand towels and 3 bath towels for the four of us. Although they were nice when we told them, they never brought us more.
Probably the freakiest thing was that our door popped open in the middle of the night.

On the positive side the place did have good cable service including the Disney Channel.
There was also a great shower head and plenty of hot water.

As was stated by other reviewers the breakfast existed but was sparse. Also it is a bit disturbing eating in a lobby, when the office personnel seems to be caged in behind bullet-proof glass.

In general, we would probably look for somewhere else to stay if we visited this area again.

Room Tip: Ask to be put as far away from the road as possible. It might be quieter there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was told my room would be $55.00 but when I got there 20 minutes later she said the only room meeting my specifications (non-smoking, and first floor because I am handicapped) was $68.00. I told her this to begin with, but we were there, it was late and we were tired. The room was filthy, the bedding had burn marks in it in my non-smoking room. the carpet was so filthy and sticky I couldn't stand to have my bare feet touch the floor. The white bathroom door was basically black it was so dirty with finger prints. Just 2 words guys- magic eraser! The wifi barely worked. Whenever I tried to reach the desk clerk she was gone. The pool was empty and apparently had been for a very long time. Comfort inn wasn't!! I later discovered the manager makes the desk clerks do laundry as well as work the front desk. This hotel was as third world as it's curry eating owners. Sad because that is such a stereotype, and one I refused to believe until I had become such a road warrior. I used to think that those signs that said "American owned" were just racist, but now I understand that it implies a standard of certain things American motels at least use to be known for and that includes cleanliness, towels that are not ragged and thin, working pools etc.

Room Tip: probably there are no good rooms to pick from
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Espanola? Share your experiences!