“the best NM food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Boca Grande, Florida
“the best NM food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have been eating here since they first opened and it is the best true NM food there is. The flan is world class as is all their chili sauces. First rate service and the whole family is involved with the business

Visited September 2012

prescott,arizona
“good, as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Have dined here several times over the past few years and find it a pleasant change from Taos.
Extensive menu with really cold beer. Up beat atmosphere with friendly, efficient server.
4 people, 4 entrees...all winners. A little hard to find when it is very dark- easy to drive by it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Orlando's is NOT Dog Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Despite what I had read in other reviews we were told by the host that we could not bring our dog on the patio. I then asked to speak with the manager who told us we could bring the dog - but not until after we had put her back int the car. What a hassle! Good food didn't make up for the flakyness..

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dbloo, Owner at Orlando's New Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear "Orlandos is not dog friendly". Well, I have to tell you the truth. Your review kinda got under my skin, for someone who has 3 dogs (Yolita, Princess and Scooby) two of which were from the pound and one who belonged to a dear customer that passed away many years ago. I am the one who felt sorry for your dog and bent the rules of the house and told you to bring her in. I try to do good for may customers and thats the thanks I get for trying. Believe it or not when we have had dogs on our patio we get more complaints from customer for have allowing it. I was told one time by a customer "oh my dog is behaved" before he knew it the dog jumped on me and dirtied my dress shirt. I love dogs, its just some of the people who own them that are...what was it ? oh yes, Flaky.
Beaufort South Carolin
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Being easterners, we didn't know the difference between Mexican and New Mexican food, when Orlando's was recommended to us. But we figured we'd give it a try and we're happy we did!
We had a hard time finding it ... drove right by it the first time. But fortunately we spotted it on the way back. It's about 1.75 miles from the Kit Carson Road/SR64 intersection in Taos. Since we were early for dinner (around 5:30PM) we were able to grab a table under an umbrella outside. The weather was perfect for it!
My husband ordered the daily special which was made with ground Buffalo, and said it was excellent. Being not brave, I ordered Smothered Burritos, made with shrimp. I asked to please hold the onions, and the dish was a little bland without them, esp since I'd asked for the chile sauce on the side (can you tell I don't do hot/spicy foods?). But it was delicious nonetheless.
The service was the best! Our waiter was well-versed in the menu and its possibilities, and he was helpful without being intrusive.
I can see why Orlando's has been rated high by so many TA members!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poncha Springs, CO
“Always a favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Orlando’s has become a standard stop for us when we’re visiting northern New Mexico. We haven’t been disappointed and today was no exception. The service was fast and friendly, and we really enjoyed the food. My wife ordered the “Los Primos” plate which consisted of a pork tamale with green chile and a chile relleno (“nice” she said!) and I had the “Los Colores”. It included three blue tortilla enchiladas - one with chicken and green chile, one beef with red chile & a cheese enchillada with chile caribe (tangy and delicious). Mine also came with stewed pinto beans and what I call homminey, but is locally known as posole.

I was sorry to read a couple of the negative reviews of Orlando’s and hope that these folks will give it another try when they’re in the area. My guess is that they’ll be favorably impressed on the next go-around.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere