“Greasy and salty” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Taos, New Mexico
“Greasy and salty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've tried several things over a decade, and have noticed a few things about this former road side stand that now has some outdoor seating. Heavy grease smell when you walk in. All food over salted, and that is without them adding any salt. Cheap and quickly prepared when you want a quick bite to eat, but not very healthy for you. My wife won't eat there. The relleno burrito is good but really greasy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Tacos that just aren't good. I'm sorry.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's a taco stand, so I'm sorry, but they should have good tacos.

I love the people here, but the service was really slow, and the tacos just weren't good. I had one carne asada and two adobada tacos. The carne asada was overcooked, overseasoned, and smothered in - lettuce? I do not want lettuce on my tacos - and what was supposed to be pico de gallo, but what was instead - not that. The adobada was shredded, and almost flavorless. Again covered in lettuce.

I wanted to like it, but it was just not good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Breakfast Burritos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great breakfast burritos! We went back 2 days in a row. The second day was July 4th and they were closed. However, the owners were there doing tile work and ended up cooking for one man that came by and was eating his breakfast on the patio. My boyfriend asked and the woman agreed and made us burritos also! Great customer service. I just feel back because cars kept showing up!

Visited July 2013
“I Love this place; friendly people, good food, great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this place. I prefer it to Guadalajara Grill. The ladies are friendly, service quick and the prices are great. In and out or sit down seating. I love the chile relleno burrito. MY FAVORITE.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taos, New Mexico
“Some of the Best Cheap Eats in Taos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Though I prefer their original, north side location, Toribios cannot be beat for inexpensive, delicious food. This place is very "real" in all senses. The food is fresh, the staff is nice, and the atmosphere is casual and unpretentious. It's not fine dining by any means, but the food is fantastic. Try the carne adovada or any of the mole dishes and you're sure to be pleased.

I eat here all the time and have never been disappointed.

• Visited June 2013