“Good food in a Charming Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

(505) 286-9202
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Edgewood
Edgewood, New Mexico
“Good food in a Charming Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

In my opinion this restaurant has the best atmosphere of any in the Edgewood area! I just love the beautifully colorful painted murals! The New Mexican food varieties and service are both very good! All things considered I really enjoyed my last visit! :-)

Visited June 2013

Edgewood, New Mexico
“Great Catfish but that's about all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I go here on Friday nights every few weeks to have the all-you-can-eat catfish. It is, I have to admit, the best catfish I have ever eaten. Whether it is the baked or fried, it is truly wonderful. Unfortunately, that is about the only nice thing about this place. It can be dirty and sometimes the service is VERY slow. It certainly has the feel of a small-town cafe diner and the waitresses can be very friendly if you catch them on the right night, however, the owner tends to strut around the place like he's the king of the town and treats his waitresses and cooks with little respect and lots of rudeness. This could be a great place to eat in a town that has little else to offer if the right person took over.... Perhaps that will happen.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were driving west on I-40 and were googling a place to eat near by. Up came Chilli Hills. The menu seemed good so we stopped. Great service. Friendly staff. The food was quick and fresh. The night we went was all you could eat catfish around $9 which a lot of people were seeming to enjoy. The portions are big and great value here. Everything that other people were eating looked good and was plentiful. I had the chicken quesadilla. It was huge! Tasty. I didnt finish it. Our waiter was great, very attentive so anything we needed. He got a good tip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Average Family Diner with a few Problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Service was very good and the menu very reasonable. Parts of the facility are showing much wear. My wife's Mexican plate was OK and my fried chicken was too. However my dinner roll was stale and my carrots overcooked and mushy. With the cook showing more attention to what is served this place could move up to average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“A rated service, C- food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and gave good service. The food was served hot and the green chili on the rellenos was good but the rellenos were hard and poor quality. The rice was average and the refried beans were served with an ice cream scooper and cold with lots of lard, inedible. I expected more in New Mexico. If it was in Tennessee or New Jersey I would give it some slack and rate it higher but Albuquerque has so many great mexican restaurants you need to be a little better than this.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere