“For sure a place to stop if need be.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1721 East Pine Street, Deming, NM 88031   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“For sure a place to stop if need be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Sorry guys, I know I was supposed to submit this some time ago but I do thank you.

First off, this place is sooooo reasonably priced and clean, it's unreal. I drove cross country from San Diego to Miami and had not had a more pleasant stay. The Brothers that own this (not the typical Armenian) were so kind and caring that I can not write every act of kindness within the amount I am allotted. It was so exceptional that I too suggested my husband to stay during his haul across the states. This is a well rounded place that is quiet with a cute dive bar and breakfast area. If you are in need of accommodations in this area and choose some place else, I pray for you. Take this from a Hospitality professional that manages small and large properties.

In Hopes travelers take this post seriously.

Thanks again guys.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Skagway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Being in the hospitality business myself in a remote area, I can honestly admit that the great find at the Grand Motor Inn in Deming was a jewel in the desert. This family owned and operated business is run the way things used to be, true pride in the hospitality they offer. We will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have been staying here whenever I am in Deming since 2008. I have always enjoyed my stays and the recent renovations have only added to the great visits. Three things that make this property stand out for me are the owners who are right there to see that your stay exceeds your expectations, the attached restaurant, and the affordable price. From the time you first enter the ornate looking lobby, you are made to feel welcome. This family owned and run operation does their best to make your stay enjoyable. On my last stay, one of the owners personally got me the room I requested even though the computer showed it was not available due to a late checkout, helped me bring in my luggage, and when I asked where the vending machine was he returned with a bucket of ice and a complimentary soft drink.

Having a restaurant on premises is a big plus to me. You have the option of buying a voucher for breakfast and selecting from a list of options or just ordering off the menu and paying the stated menu price. I chose the voucher option and was happy. A number of options were offered, the portions were generous and the eggs were prepared just as I requested.

I have never had any problems staying here and feel the price is very reasonable.

In warmer weather, I have more than once extended my stay so I could enjoy the outdoor pool. It is behind the main building away from the highway and directly in front of the building furthest from the highway (those rooms have private entrances and overlook the pool).

I would highly recommend this motel and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are quieter as there is a railroad track that runs through Deming and the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Butternut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We found this hotel through TripAdvisor and because of the high recommendations, we decided to try it out.

This was our final nite on a cross country road trip. We were getting tired of the same old lodging and dining choices as we closed out each day's drive. The Grand Motor Inn is a relief from that monotony. Very nicely renovated, we found our curiosity piqued when we entered the spacious and classy lobby. Checking in was a breeze, the staff is friendly and once we were in our room, management called to make sure everything was to our liking. The rooms are spacious, with plenty of lighting so it wasn't depressing and dark like so many other hotels we have stayed in. There is a breakfast special for $4.99. Paying for two breakfasts plus the room rate, this hotel is still very competitive with those which offer the free breakfast bar, and the breakfast is much better.

At checkout, the manager explained that the hotel is family owned and they find that to compete effectively with the chains, they have to go a step or two beyond what the chains offer. They depend on word of mouth and evaluation sites like tripadvisor for their success. Based on our experience there, Grand Motor Inn is a place we highly recommend.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to make your reservation. Most of the rooms are recently renovated, but perhaps not...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sutherland Springs ,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

WE saw this place online it was a planned stop . We were not dissapointed the room was nice and very clean the service was great the place had an old elegance to it . They also had a full service bar and restaurant under one roof it was so nice to sit in the restaurant and get a glass of wine from the bar . Oh it only cost 52.00$ for 2 people .Highly recomend !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We found this motel in our Lonely Planet guide book. Good rates, clean room and friendly staff. Room was very comfortable but I would not suggest the restaurant. The $6.00 breakfast voucher is only worth it if you want the standard cooked breakfast. We chose to pay for our own and select from the menu, even though it cost more.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, I stayed here because of the price and I was impressed. The room was VERY clean, pretty updated and well maintained. The lobby is pretty GRAND and cheery, the room was well equipped with microwave, refrig, hair dryer, free Wi-Fi, cable TV and HBO. Beds are comfortable, room is stain free (bedspread, carpet etc.), nice size areas, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My ONLY complaint was no coffee maker unless requested, but then bring your own coffee.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Grand Motor Inn, Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!