“scrumptious!” 4 of 5 stars

(575) 544-3100
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: I purchased this restaurant in April 2014. I am attempting to provide diners with a fine dining experience. We prepare your food from scratch as ordered. Our Chicken and Veal Parmigiana is pounded, breaded and cooked when ordered. Our Porto and Marsala is made when it is ordered and takes approximately 20 minutes to get to your table, so please, order your favorite beverage, try our fresh bread and our wonderful roasted garlic and prepare your palate for a wonderful dinner.
Iowa City, Iowa
“scrumptious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Last Saturday was our 2nd time dining at Palma's and let me tell you we had at great meal. We got there at 4ish (perfect time to go before the rush starts) I called in a reservation, to be sure there was a table and for the 15 oz. prime rib (must reserve to get prime rib) When we got there, the server quickly seated us. The atmosphere is nothing special, just casual. She took our drink order then brought out the bread and olive oil dipping sauce and let me tell you, it's delicious with lightly sprinkled Parmesan crumbs. My boyfriend ordered the prime rib, which was cooked perfectly, and he is picky! They can grill it or place it in the oven. Most people prefer on the grill ;) it came with your choice of salad or soup, both are good and bake potato or pasta. He got the pasta with Alfredo sauce. I ordered the chicken & broccoli penne, it was delightful!The pasta, broccoli, and Alfredo was well-prepared and well-seasoned. The portion of our meals were immense :) I didn't want to share my left-overs with my boyfriend... that's how savory my meal was! The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was the wine. I tried the Blue Teal Muscat and it tasted just like Barefoot Moscato wine, we payed $4.50 for one glass, when I can go to a local supermarket and pay $6 for a bottle! Drink beer, pop, or water my friends. P.S The weekends are very busy!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful Find in Deming, NM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you ever are passing through Deming, NM, and it is not a Monday (they are closed), be sure to stop at Palma's Italian Restaurant. It is quaint in that it is in a 100+-year-old former bank, a historical building, which means that only so much can be updated. The owners and their daughter are very welcoming, and the food is really good. We tried to stop there on our return to Arizona, but we had forgotten that it was a Monday. What a disappointment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Taos, New Mexico
“Great Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate here with friends and all enjoyed it very much. The eggplant parmesan was excellent and my husbands lasagna was very, very good. The rooms were a little noisy, but you could tell everyone was having a good time. We will definitely eat at Palma's when we are in Deming, again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver City, NM
“Really special for Valentines day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went for Valentine's Day. The place was full including all the little side rooms. We had reservations which were a necessity for such a busy day. Service was excellent. It took some time for our meal to arrive as we expected, but while we were waiting we enjoyed a cup of potato soup which is some of the best I have ever had, as well as bread and seasoned olive oil to dip it in.
We heard the owner serenading customers in another room but he did not come into our room, which was fine. My wife had shrimp Alfredo and I had lasagna. Both were exceptionally delicious. Servings were generous and prices were reasonable. We shared a tiramisu for dessert which was perfect and just right for sharing. I recommend this place highly for special occasions, and for everyday meals as well since their prices are not high. This is not a fast-food restaurant so allow a little time and enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Georges, Canada
“Very acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

When you get in this place, you are invited to pick up a menu and have a seat yourself. Server was polite and provided a good service. Food was good and plates were full.

Visited January 2014