“Fix the Biscuits & Gravy Problem” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fix the Biscuits & Gravy Problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a decent hotel for a couple nights. Check in went well; I was recognized as a Choice member and a snack bag was in the room. This hotel has DirecTV so you have many channels to select from. The room and bed were fine, staff friendly.

Breakfast was standard Comfort fare but I must admit the biscuits and gravy were something concocted by this property. I know Comfort biscuits & gravy and this was not issued by Choice. The biscuits looked like something from the Pillsbury tube baked days ago and the gravy was a watery disappointment. I see reviews complaining about the biscuits & gravy going back to November 2013 but it apparently has not been corrected. I would expect the GM to address this problem and not just respond with a standard "we're sorry we did not meet your expectations" response.

Overall, this was a decent stay and I will stay here again when passing through Deming.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Woodridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just had a very positive experience at Comfort Inn in Deming. Arrived late on a Sunday night, staff check-in was quick and efficient. I received Room 145. Room was big, very clean and the bed was comfortable... no complaints. The next morning the included breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, pretty much the standard fair in this price category. While nothing new, everything was good. What also really impressed me was the staff at check-out, they were very friendly and took the time answering my several questions about local businesses. I paid $85.00 plus tax.

Be advised if you arrive late, especially on a Sunday night. Dinner choices can be limited. There is a KFC, Taco Bell, and Wendy's within walking distance. Everything else was closed when I arrived.

I don't stay at Comfort Inns too often, but I have to say this one was an exceptional property. Go ahead and book it, I had a great stay. Thanks Comfort Inn Deming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vernon, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I came down from Colorado on business trip. Because of wind needed a room rather than start back home. Check in was quick and efficient, staff was/is very friendly. Manager gave me her card and made it clear if I/we had any problems to let her know. I needed to make a repair later in evening and they had a small sewing kit for me. I may be back if the job works on about a weekly basis and I plan to stay here. Best breakfast selection I have seen in a motel in last 8 months.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Demingnm113, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel

As the new GM here at comfort inn in Deming gives me a special smile knowing that you had a good experience here. Should you ever need any assistance please feel free to call me.

1010 Pine St.
Deming NM 88030
575-544-3600
River Falls, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Pleasant staff, nice comfortable room for a one-night stopover. The breakfast included was no bargain. Everything seemed old and dry like it had been cooked the day before. The biscuits were hard and tasteless and the gravy barely warm and too runny. However a much better deal than you will get by staying at a motel next to the freeway. Go downtown for dinner, we ate at Si Senor (reviewed separately on TA) downtown, excellent!!. Avoid the Grand Restaurant near this motel at all cost.

Room Tip: Further from the street the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Demingnm113, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, January 24, 2014

PAMELA BOLTON
GENERAL MANAGER
COMFORT INN AND SUITES
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The motel is in a small town and we use it each time we drive to Texas. it is clean and the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It is an adequate motel for a one night stand. The breakfast, although it has all the usual items, the biscuits were hard and the gravy very thin and runny. The evening desk clerk was very nice and polite.

Room Tip: Stay to the rear of the building as you may encounter street noise in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Demingnm113, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, December 13, 2013

Comfort Inn & Suites
rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Only stayed one night while on our way to Arizona. Room was comfortable and clean, typical Comfort Inn fare. Desk clerk was very nice but when I asked about using Choice points she told me she thought they were 10,000 points and I would have to make reservation by phone. She didn't offer me use of a phone or computer to be able to do this. Not all of us have "Smart phones" or access to the internet while driving. Other hotels have offered the use of complementary phones or computers to make a reservation. One even went so far as to make the reservation for me. She also did not present a very professional appearance, her shirt was full of stains. Thought the room was a bit pricey but otherwise everything was acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I am sorry, we will make sure that it will not happen again.

Comfort Inn & Suites
Safford, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had to spend a couple of night in Deming. This is where we stayed. It was a very nice room. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good. All in all, Comfort Inn just doesn't seem to disappoint!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Demingnm113, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

1010 Pine St.
Deming NM 88030
575-544-3600

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Deming? Share your experiences!