“Nice place to stay- Dog friendly but watch out for thorns and cactus needles!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 East Pine St., Deming, NM 88030   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice place to stay- Dog friendly but watch out for thorns and cactus needles!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The rooms are nice. The shower curtain did have mold on it but otherwise it was clean and new.
The chair at the desk had tears in the seams which gave the room a bit of a tacky look.
Dog friendly but be sure to watch where the poor pooch walks! I did not see the thorns when I got there and let the dog out- The place in front of the parking lot is full of desert plant thorns and needles. My poor corgi had paws full of extremely sharp desert plant thorns. I had to pull them out of her paws and they were so sharp they hurt my fingers. There is a cactus patch next to the motel. Not many place other than the street or parking lot to walk dogs.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is convenient for dogs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here in Deming. I am very sorry that your pet got into the areas that have the stickers. When you check in we state that there is a special area for pets so that they do not get into the stickered area. I am in the process of putting up signs to let our pet owners know that these areas are not pet friendly. I hope that you will not let this issue keep you from staying with us again.

S. Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Reserved a room via the Internet, on the way to Texas. Stayed one night. Quiet place for a Saturday night.The staff is nice and helpful. The room was on the second floor and plenty of room for the five of us. After further observation, I noted we were given a room fit for someone who is disabled which explains the wide entry way and large restroom area. There are elevators too. The room was clean with comfortrable beds; clean and warm blankets. The old TV makes for a grainy view of what ever is on, shouldn't everyone be with the times by now (flat screens are the "in"). Ice is only available on the 1st floor, not a good idea for customers who use it. Room had a microwave and mini-refridgerator, a good thing if you want to warm up or keep your road trip snacks cool. Breakfast is provided as part of the stay. A good breakfast for the price (came with the stay), well worth it for the kids. One of the major chain stores (begins with a "W"), is just down the road on Pine St. and is open 24 hours which is a great convenience if something unexpected comes up (we were in dire need of eye-drops). Parking lot is small, well lit in the front, but the parking lot in the back was dark and we noticed men hanginng out back there (I'm guessing they were smoking customers). Pool was covered, I'm guessing it was too cold anyway to use it. Two gas stations across the street, one old dusty, falling apart gas station directly across the street and a brand-new one (begins with a "C"). I noticed an RV park or camping site next door. Nothing to see or visit there, at least not anything that peaked our interest. I will definately recommend this stay to others who travel on the I-10. El Paso, Texas is not too far away, can't say this for San Antonio, Texas. I would stay there again if I had to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Wow. Thank you for such a great review. I do want to apologize for the TVs not being updated yet. They are on their way though. Please come back and visit us again soon. Your are a most valued guest and we want to be here for you.

Stephanie Ward
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a solo female, young professional traveler with one dog. Traveling on business throughout the country.

I stayed here one night, a Wednesday night, arriving around 5pm and checking out around 11am the next day.

The hotel is immediately off the highway which makes it an easy hotel for long-road days. The hotel grounds are well-maintained with plenty of areas to walk the pup. They did have a fenced in area for dogs to roam but it is the size of my index finger, so I did not bother. I enjoy walking my dog (one of the reasons I have a dog is to take some time out of my busy days to enjoy life without stress!)

Inside of hotel was nice, they were re-painting the cement outside the front doors so I could not park and unload right at the front door, which was a little annoyance but no biggie.

One of my gripes about newer hotels is the fact that they do not have automatically opening doors. I not only travel with my 60 lb dog, but two suitcases, a fan to drown out noise, dog bed, cooler for food, and a bike. Trying to open the door manually to get the bike in is a hassle on its own so I always make two trips with the bike going to the room first and then the rest of the stuff on a cart. Literally, the guy at the front desk watched me struggle with both things, getting stuck in the door and dropping stuff. You guys need to get door sensors!!!!

The hotel itself was nice. I used the business center with the printer, no complaints. I had a room on floor 2 in a corner room with a king bed. Room was super nice and smelled amazing (whatever you are spraying, keep it up!)

Everything was beyond satisfactory in the room. There was one hair in the bath tub (not the hair on your head kind) so I turned the shower on to wash it away and sprayed my hand dandy Lysol spray to be safe.

My only gripe...not the hotel's fault by any means....the area. Ugh, deserted and in a creepy texas chainsaw massacre kind of way. I will probably avoid this hotel in the future because there was NO good food establishments that I could find and the ONLY thing near the hotel was a creepy looking gas station across the street.

All in all, I would have stayed here again if the area offered more.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room, they are quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Wow! Thank you for such a great reveiw. I am very pleased that you liked our hotel. Yes the pet area is small but keeps the stickers out of their paws. Since you did not mention stickers I am glad that your loved one did not get any. As for the area, there is a restaurant right next door at the Holiday Inn. They have very good food. Also the business center of town is just a couple of miles on in which have plenty of eateries. We also have delivery to the hotel. We are easy on/off which makes it easy to find us. I want you to know that I will be having a training session on customer service and what it means to help people so that no one else experiences the difficulty coming through our front doors. Please come back to visit us so we can show you areas of our community that will take your breath away on a positive note that is.

Zimmerman, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable, and the room was very nice. We were traveling with dogs and there was a nice small fenced area for them to exercise in with a bit of grass. This was nice because there was not a blade of grass anywhere else and there were lots of stickers / burrs out beyond the hotel. We were not charged a dog fee. the Exercise area had bags for clean up - but sadly not everyone cleaned up after their dogs. my friend and I cleaned up after them ourselves.
The room had a lot of nice extras too, including a refrigerator and microwave.
Restaurants were near by and the hotel gave us a print out of what was in the area to eat. The gal at the desk recommended a good Mexican Restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a great review. I am very happy to hear that your experience with us was a great one. Please come back and visit us again. We look forward to providing you with another memorable experience.

Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

March, 2013.... Happiness is..... staying at a nice clean hotel with a great bed and having a pretty good breakfast.
This La Quinta covered all that. We (two couples - two rooms) were on our way from Yuma to Carlsbad Cavens and wanted a place to stay about 2/3 of the way there, so settled on Deming, NM. I searched around and settled on the La Quinta because of the reviews I had read and none of us were disappointed. The front desk people were all very pleasant and accommodating. I watched them handle a few phone calls and other patron requests and everything was done with consideration and a smile. The bed was great - my husband and I like different degrees of bed firmness (we have a sleep number bed at home) and neither of us had a problem here.
We liked it so much, we stayed there on our way back home as well - something we hadn't originally planned to do. There was one problem, however, with the room on our way to Carlsbad - we were on the second of three floors and there isn't quite enough sound barrier between the floors, so when the people above us were walking around, they sounded like a couple of elephants. Fortunately, we were up later at night than they were, but they were up earlier in the morning and woke us a bit sooner than we'd wanted to start our day. On our return trip, we requested the third floor, so that problem went away and we were happy travelers.
The breakfast was better than average for mid priced hotel breakfasts and the woman who tends to the food service is "Jill" on the spot. She was always checking to see that there was enough food and cleaned the tables after each patron left. She had a good word to say to eveyone with a smile on her face - a really nice way to start the morning.
We didn't use the (outdoor) pool, so can't comment on that, but did notice a nice area where you could barbeque and eat if you want to do so.
You do have to drive somewhere in order to get to a restaurant for lunch or dinner, which is one problem, but there is a fridge and a microwave in every room so that is a plus. We used both as we had brought some of our own food.
Years ago when I did a lot of business travel, I stayed in La Quintas whenever they were in close proximity to where I needed to be and they were all good. They seemed to really decline without any maintenance as they aged so I quit staying at any of them. This one was reminiscent of the wonderful way they were.

Room Tip: The third floor is the place be - no noise from the people above you. There is an elevator, so the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I love hearing that we have made someone's experience with us an excellent one. Please come back and visit us soon.

S Ward

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming? Share your experiences!