“Didn't give the advertised rate” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Deming
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4601 E Pine Street, I-10 & Motel Dr, Deming, NM 88030   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Didn't give the advertised rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Checked in an the rate was the standard rate, not the senior rate. Asked about it and the desk clerk said that since it was a franchise, the owner could do what he wanted. Said I would have to book thru the internet to get the rate it showed. NOT True. I have gotten the advertised rate several times. Will speak to the daytime person (hopefully manager) tomorrow.

Accessible room had all the accessible features. Room is very spartan. Nothing past the minimum requirements. Flooring that is past needing replacement.

Will look elsewhere next time where we can get a breakfast included for same price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
166Dan_D, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Deming, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4586 Deming. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Going to Disney land with family Deming is about half way just perfect place to stop Land scape in middle of desert is just great friendly staff they are on the ball with information of local restaurant and other things for the kids like local star max movie theater and bowling lanes that was just great clean and newly renovated rooms for the price I don't think any one should complain specially the great low rate you pay with Motel 6 just maid our day I will recommend this property to all my friend and family

Room Tip: I thing for the price this place is perfect center from LA, Huston and many other location clean ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4586 Deming. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our great little town of Deming and your stay with us at our Motel 6. We really appreciate the recommendation of our Motel 6 to your family and friends.

Sun City, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Place was a dump & if not for being so tired would have gone down the fwy to find a better kept motel. Everything old & over used.. Even the shower basin had several fiberglass patches on the bottom. I ripped all the bedding off & used my own (we always have in case of emergency while traveling. What really pissed me off was the cleaning staff banging around up & down the hall at 7:30 in the morning. I guess that's what you get for 35 a night in NM

Room Tip: Go somewhere cleaner unless like me you were so tired you couldn't drive any farther
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The facility looks renew or paint, the clerk at the front desk was very friendly, The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the A/C unit work fine and the water turn hot very fast. Internet and cable TV available in the rooms. The hotel seems very busy and find a close parking spot was a difficult task. My room was #202 second floor facing I-10 so if you prefer a quiet room, depending of availability select the ones far from the heavy traffic of the Interstate. There is a pool in the facility but I did not used.The price for the room was $55.99+Tax=$62.99.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the front if possible. The busy Interstate traffic could bother your sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We have recently remodeled all of the rooms and have enjoyed all of our guest praises on the new upgrades. If you call ahead and reserve a room with us we will be able to provide you with a room facing away from the highway noise.

Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I told the clerk I was handicapped, he gave me a second floor room (stairs only). He said the lower rooms were booked, yet when I checked in the morning those 4 rooms were still available. I mentioned the construction truck parked in the handicap spot was not licenced to be there, he shrugged. The ad mentioned a pool, but it was covered over. The only ice machine was in the office area....quite a walk up and down stairs....back and forth. The worst was the door, the fold-over latch fell off in my hand and the lower part of the door itself could easily be pushed in (have pics for complaint letter!). While in the shower the shower head fell off! It was a horrid stay. I can laugh now, but that night with the neighbors being loud.....it was scary and I did NOT feel safe! The clerk did not want to help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
166Dan_D, General Manager at Motel 6 Deming, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked for two nights but only stayed for one. I would have left immediately but it was very late at night and my children were sleeping when we arrived. As soon as I opened the door to my room I knew it would be a bad experience. One bed was pushed directly under a large window facing the parking lot. Being on the ground floor this didn't make me feel very safe. The carpet was FILTHY with several dark stains. The "beds" were hard and felt more like box springs or a bad pullout sofa bed. I turned back the comforter to get my sleeping child settled and yanked off the Brillo pad that was passing as a blanket. Honestly, I've seen better looking blankets wrapped around homeless men on Lower Wacker in Chicago.

The slogan for this hotel should be: Hey everyone! Come party and smoke some crack here!

The only reason I gave "service" a 2 instead of a 1 is because the refund for the 2nd pre-booked night was relatively painless. I will be contacting the corporate office to discuss when I return home.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Motel 6. When reading you review what stands out is your comment regarding stains that you found on the carpet in your room. I must point out that at our location in Deming, NM we have all new wood floors in all the rooms. All of our rooms were fully remodeled with new linen, comforters, showers, flooring, and all new bathroom fixtures. It is possible that you may have stayed at another location in New Mexico.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This modernized Motel 6 has been recently repainted and has nice lavender doors. The gentleman who checked me in was friendly, helpful and on top of his game. He recommended places to eat and spent considerable time with me helping me get connected to the Internet. The room was updated with modern looking furniture, Ikea style, if you will, and higher end hotel style bedspread. It had Motel 6's newer style shower which is European-like. The walls appeared to have fresh paint and the flooring was faux bamboo vinyl in the bedroom and tile in the bath. It was nice and quiet on the property. However the location close to Interstate 10 and the transcontinental freight train might bother some people. If so, ask for a room away from the highway. Wi-Fi is free and I was able to connect with my iPad. Nice pool but not yet open for the season. The phone didn't work and needs to be replaced. Small potatoes. So don't hesitate to stay here. You'll be treated right and have a nice room too.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the second floor. No one walking around on top of you. Plus these are the la...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 Deming? Share your experiences!