“Motel 6 - Deming NM” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Sun City, California, United States
“Motel 6 - Deming NM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Place was a dump & if not for being so tired would have gone down the fwy to find a better kept motel. Everything old & over used.. Even the shower basin had several fiberglass patches on the bottom. I ripped all the bedding off & used my own (we always have in case of emergency while traveling. What really pissed me off was the cleaning staff banging around up & down the hall at 7:30 in the morning. I guess that's what you get for 35 a night in NM

Room Tip: Go somewhere cleaner unless like me you were so tired you couldn't drive any farther
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
166Dan_D, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Deming, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4586 Deming. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The facility looks renew or paint, the clerk at the front desk was very friendly, The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the A/C unit work fine and the water turn hot very fast. Internet and cable TV available in the rooms. The hotel seems very busy and find a close parking spot was a difficult task. My room was #202 second floor facing I-10 so if you prefer a quiet room, depending of availability select the ones far from the heavy traffic of the Interstate. There is a pool in the facility but I did not used.The price for the room was $55.99+Tax=$62.99.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the front if possible. The busy Interstate traffic could bother your sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4586 Deming. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We have recently remodeled all of the rooms and have enjoyed all of our guest praises on the new upgrades. If you call ahead and reserve a room with us we will be able to provide you with a room facing away from the highway noise.

Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I told the clerk I was handicapped, he gave me a second floor room (stairs only). He said the lower rooms were booked, yet when I checked in the morning those 4 rooms were still available. I mentioned the construction truck parked in the handicap spot was not licenced to be there, he shrugged. The ad mentioned a pool, but it was covered over. The only ice machine was in the office area....quite a walk up and down stairs....back and forth. The worst was the door, the fold-over latch fell off in my hand and the lower part of the door itself could easily be pushed in (have pics for complaint letter!). While in the shower the shower head fell off! It was a horrid stay. I can laugh now, but that night with the neighbors being loud.....it was scary and I did NOT feel safe! The clerk did not want to help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
166Dan_D, General Manager at Motel 6 Deming, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked for two nights but only stayed for one. I would have left immediately but it was very late at night and my children were sleeping when we arrived. As soon as I opened the door to my room I knew it would be a bad experience. One bed was pushed directly under a large window facing the parking lot. Being on the ground floor this didn't make me feel very safe. The carpet was FILTHY with several dark stains. The "beds" were hard and felt more like box springs or a bad pullout sofa bed. I turned back the comforter to get my sleeping child settled and yanked off the Brillo pad that was passing as a blanket. Honestly, I've seen better looking blankets wrapped around homeless men on Lower Wacker in Chicago.

The slogan for this hotel should be: Hey everyone! Come party and smoke some crack here!

The only reason I gave "service" a 2 instead of a 1 is because the refund for the 2nd pre-booked night was relatively painless. I will be contacting the corporate office to discuss when I return home.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Motel 6. When reading you review what stands out is your comment regarding stains that you found on the carpet in your room. I must point out that at our location in Deming, NM we have all new wood floors in all the rooms. All of our rooms were fully remodeled with new linen, comforters, showers, flooring, and all new bathroom fixtures. It is possible that you may have stayed at another location in New Mexico.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This modernized Motel 6 has been recently repainted and has nice lavender doors. The gentleman who checked me in was friendly, helpful and on top of his game. He recommended places to eat and spent considerable time with me helping me get connected to the Internet. The room was updated with modern looking furniture, Ikea style, if you will, and higher end hotel style bedspread. It had Motel 6's newer style shower which is European-like. The walls appeared to have fresh paint and the flooring was faux bamboo vinyl in the bedroom and tile in the bath. It was nice and quiet on the property. However the location close to Interstate 10 and the transcontinental freight train might bother some people. If so, ask for a room away from the highway. Wi-Fi is free and I was able to connect with my iPad. Nice pool but not yet open for the season. The phone didn't work and needs to be replaced. Small potatoes. So don't hesitate to stay here. You'll be treated right and have a nice room too.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the second floor. No one walking around on top of you. Plus these are the la...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

el paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travel extensively for my job. By far this is one of the worse experiences I have ever had. I had an issue with the room, the manager refused to address it so I contacted the Corporate Office. They in turn contacted the manager and ask that I contact him when I returned to the property. I returned, found myself locked out of my room, went to the front desk where i was ignored for 10 minutes. I contacted the corporate office again to get in my room who in turn contacted the property. They did eventually unlock my room. When I tried to contact the manager as I was instructed by the corp. office, my calls were intercepted by other personel and would not let me speak to the manager. If this is a reflection on Motel 6 - stay away!!! especially the one in Deming NM

Room Tip: Notate the exterior and signage - if they are in poor condition - move on
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
166Dan_D, General Manager at Motel 6 Deming, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

sincerest apologies.

appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice location. Did not make a reservation. Check-in was flawless. Staff member was friendly, professional, and helpful. Wi-Fi was free, but I was unable to connect (wireless can be tricky technology to get right, and I was too tired to mess with troubleshooting). The swimming pool was clean. Nice lawn by the pool. Room door security card entry system. Very Basic room I expect of Motel 6. Room was clean; bathroom was clean. The single queen mattress and bed spread were a little older and worn, but I did not lose sleep.

Would stay again. Overall rating of Excellent given due to this being exactly what I expect of Motel 6.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an
encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our
services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as
pleasant as the previous one.

Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 Deming? Share your experiences!