“Keep Driving” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Deming
San Antonio
“Keep Driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We recently stayed at the Deming Motel on a road trip from CA to TX. It was late and we just wanted to find a nice place to sleep. We should have taken notice when we saw the burned out lights on the motel sign. Not a well kept motel in our opinion, old, falling apart, smelled mold in the room, a bubbling green swimming pool was spooky. Anyway, there are probably nicer places for a little more money. Should have left but gave it a chance - mistake. Wife found it on the internet while driving. Front desk receptionist was friendly, but I think the motel has seen better days - keep driving to one of the chain hotels.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay somewhere else, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alabama, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If I would have seen this motel first, I would not have stayed. I used a service who found this motel who related it was a very nice looking, booked it, and he stated that there was no cancelling. It looked like a 1/2 way house. There were transient individuals on the property, it was very noisy (I left around 3am rather than my plan of 8am), and the pool was very filthy. it was a dark green color with a smell. The owner is a single older lady who is overwhelmed and does her best. My grip is with "Alex" who booked me over the phone who informed me that his was a nice motel. I feel that he should have to stay there for his false misrepresentation.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

A few year's or so ago I stayed here for 3-4 month's,had an upstairs room with king bed . My room was kept up & clean and the owner's & houskeeper's (Beth & Valarie) were super.No problem's at all! 2011 I was lodging there if Im correct. Al PS: wasnt there in 2013 but 2011 wasnt on the list.

Room Tip: Had an upstairs room & the Subway shop was across the street & the street behind motel was t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and tried to stay here on the last stop of our road trip to Texas and back. And I say tried because we left in real hurry. The place was so old, dirty, run down, and just plain strange that we just couldn't handle it. My wife and I aren't that picky, we had just spent three nights at other hotels we had booked using hotwire's hot rate deal. We selected two star hotels because we were just going to sleeping there and then leaving. But anyhow, back to the Deming. We pulled in and I immediately wanted to leave, but my wife was curious what it looked like and we both had to pee. So we checked in, which took about 10 minutes, (because they don't even have a computer). Then we had to wait for the lady working the counter to go get us some towels from the dryer in the back. Then we went into our room, and that's when things went from bad and weird to gross and very weird. As we walked in we noticed that the door to the adjoining room was wide open and the other room was apparently used as a junk storage room. Then as we looked around and tried to touch as little as possible we found stains on the bedspreads (we were given a room with two beds for some strange reason). Then we walked into the alarmingly small bathroom which was smaller than my cubicle at work. When I looked at the towels I had been given I could nearly read through them they were so think and rough. Finally, after using the restroom and calling other hotels in the area to find another room (a shout out to the people at the holiday inn express for being so accommodating) we left touching as little as possible. This place either needs to be renovated or condemned. It's disgusting. Never, ever stay here. EVER. This hotel is not even close to being a 2 star property. It should be a 1/2 star at most.

• Stayed December 2013
Coimbra, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Deming Motel for two nights to visit and photograph City of Rocks State Park nearby. Our stay was enjoyable, most notably because of the incredibly sweet and kind woman who worked there. I don't know if she was the owner or an employee, but she was such a wonderful person.

In addition to the excellent customer service, I gave this motel the rating I did based on the price. It was $35 a night and we were looking for something cheap so I decided to make a reservation. It's a little rustic and rundown; but all we needed was a quiet, clean place to stay with hot showers and reasonably comfortable beds and we got that. If you're looking for something fancy with matching furniture, a modern shower and new carpet then spend double somewhere else. If you're more like us and just need the basics, the Deming Motel is your place to stay.

If we ever come back through Deming, this will be where we stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

First off, I don't know who wrote the first and only review, but apparently it must have been the manager posing as an actual guest, because I will tell you this much, I'm surprised anyone would stay here at all. If you're car breaks down, you're better off sleeping in your car! The room is freezing even with the heater on! The bathroom was deplorable! There were stains in the tub, the floors looked like they haven't been cleaned, the towels that were provided were so thin, it was like drying myself off with toilet paper! The bed linens are dirty, like someone has already slept on it and never cleaned. The blankets weren't even on the bed, they were crumpled on the top shelf of the closet! The pillows looked like they were ejaculated on! There was a refrigerator in the room, but thank God I was too tired to even open it and check, because who knows what would have been inside! The only plus about this place was the pleasant receptionist! This poor woman is way too good to be working in a dump like this! Holiday Inn Deming should hire her instead! Don't make the mistake of staying here...just shell out the extra few dollars, because you are bound to catch something here!

• Stayed December 2012
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

i'm stuck in Deming due to car trouble. it's an adorable little town with incredibly nice people. last night i stayed at the Butterfield Stage Motel. it's on the same strip as the Deming Motel, but was the first place i pulled up to. i don't need anything fancy, just a decent, safe, acceptably clean place to stay. it was only $36 with tax. as soon as i entered the room, i shuddered. and i never shudder. the curtains would not close completely and were falling off of the rods, couldn't lock the windows, place looked grimier than i could stomach. there were empty cans of beer and half bottles of whiskey in the small fridge. i felt entirely unsafe. since i'd already paid and i was in a bit of a bind, i stayed the night. slept in my clothes over the sheets. woke up the next morning and walked directly to the Deming Motel, just 2 blocks away. the owner was so incredibly kind and accommodating and i paid $43 for one night. THIS PLACE IS LIKE A FREAKING KINGS PALACE COMPARED TO WHERE I STAYED LAST NIGHT. i feel like i can eat off of the floors. 5 STARS TO DEMING HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Deming Motel? Share your experiences!