“run down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Deming
escondido
“run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed for week while looking for an apartment in town. Leak in the ceiling and had a deluge one night when it rained. room has not been updated for many years,. did have a fridge and microwave and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Deming, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was getting ready to use restroom, and I sat down and I saw a very big spider dead on my floor.
I immediately pack my things and I was headed out of my room and when I open the door, a roac fell from my door seal fell.
I went to the office to go and check out and they gave me have my money back. keep in mind that I found a roach and a dead spider in my room. for your health and your family health please stay far away from this place.

• Stayed November 2013
Port Lavaca, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The owner is an Indian. Just 4X$ for one bed one night. The wifi is OK and the room is also fine for me. Have microwave, refrigerator, coffee in the room. It's a good place to sleep a night, just 4X dollar, pretty good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After 14 long hours on the road, I made an unplanned stop in Deming, New Mexico for the night. Among a handful of motels and hotels right off of the I-40 is the Western Motel. I'm a pretty frugal traveler when I'm on my own, so I was pulled in by the sign advertising $29.99 per room. I also liked the mid-century, single-level layout of the motel, with parking outside of each room. I ended up paying closer to $40 for my room; I believe they offer a AAA discount but I didn't have my card with me.

My room was clean, and had all of the standard amenities (cable, A/C, etc.), plus a handful of other features that I thought were nice additions for the money (microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot, wi-fi). The friendly owners kept an eye on the goings-on around the hotel, which gave the motel a sense of security.

My only complaint is that the AC unit in my room was pretty noisy - do you keep it on and have trouble falling asleep because it's so loud, or turn it off and deal with the heat? I turned it off. In any case, it's kind of a petty complaint as I can't expect a whole lot for $40 for the night.

All in all, I'd say the Western Motel in Deming is a good value for the money. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
South Sioux City, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

If your looking for WiFi, pool and breakfast, stay next door at the Super 8 for about $30 more because they don't have it. If you want a good nights sleep with a quiet room air conditioner/ heater combination, stay at the Western. The Indian, non feather, gentleman running the place was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and appeared to be well kept. It was large with two beds, a nice table and chairs, modern TV, larger room fridge that was fairly new and microwave. Mom liked the coffee pot. I would definitely stay at this place again and it has a AAA discount.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I drove here from Las Vegas where my wife rated the mid range hotels "Filthy".
The second trip ther and the room was clean and the staff very helpful.
For the first time in my life the local truck stop restaurant called "Skytop" with American, Mexican and Indian cuisine was excellent and only 1/8 mile west of the hotel.
In 40 years of traveling and staying at Indian motels across the country this is one of the best expieriences with home grown herbs and spices round the motel.
Over several days when we told the management we were leaving for a few hours we came back to a completely cleaned room with fresh sheets and towels which my wife thoroughly inspect at al hotels and motels and found all to be clean. The motel has a laundry, quick access to the highway, microwave and fridge in the room and internet access on the motel lobby computer and real high speed wireless access in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

The big sign out front says $29.99 for a room but apparently they did not have any of those despite a quit empty lot. Had to haggle the price. Room smelled funny, like a giant pine fresh car deodorizer. comfy bed. Plenty of hot water, and little shampoo packages. But very close to the train tracks...and there were write a few trains! I'd go with the motel six for what turned out would be $5 more on the other side of town.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Western Motel? Share your experiences!