“A beautiful oasis in New Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Albuquerque
“A beautiful oasis in New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

2nd visit! Had the Corrales hot dog-indescribably delicious. Friendly, attentive staff. Calm and tranquil.

Corrales NM
“Hang out with your friends!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The food is wholesome, there is a large variety, and excellent presentation. Delightful bistro-style food, and plenty of it! The burgers are terrific--try the one with properly grilled bacon, guacamole and cheddar--on ciabatta buns. Soul-satisfying!
The ambiance reminds me of an estate garden. People can hear themselves talk but with the fountains, and the walls of ivy, you don't have to raise your voice to hear over the other tables. The artwork contributes handsomely to the feeling of peace.
A careful selection of beers and wine are available to moisten your palette.
Service is excellent! Servers are charming, and always focused on meeting the needs of the customers with a smile and sometimes humor.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corrales, NM
“Weird!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had been to Oasis before for lunch - and liked their sandwich. The next time was on a Sunday - and they have a brunch menu. I arrived an hour before closing and that may explain my weird experience. I and my friend wanted to order one of their "benedict" dishes (five of the 12 dishes were benedicts - eggs, vege, steak etc.) After we placed the order the waitress returned to tell us that they had run out of the hollandiase sauce - and the chef could make another batch but he would prefer we pick another item. I didn't think it was wise to annoy the chef. No telling what you'll get. So I ordered a "breakfast burrito" - and it was dry, wrapped in a thick tortilla (that's New Mexico for you! Very poor tortillas) - and very mediocre. The iced tea was also poor and almost tasteless. But the ambience of the place is great and my friend and I had a good time catching up. I should perhaps have insisted that the chef make a batch of hollandaise.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Poor service, bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I disliked everything. The one server available suggested the crab cake after I told her I couldn't eat any grain or dairy, and it had both. The salad with it looked wilted and not fresh, and so did my friend's. We waited over 1/2 hour for our order, even though there were only two other tables, and when I hadn't touched my food she asked if I wanted something else. I said no, since the food looked so awful, and she didn't take my order off the bill. I didn't argue with her because my friend just wanted to leave. To top it off, when I used the restroom there was no soap, and when I told the server, she told the cook! He said he'd get it in a minute, and I had to stand there waiting to wash my hands! I finally just left w/o washing them. Disgusting!

Visited June 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Garden Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Yes, you can find a great espresso in Corrales! Customers are not rushed if they wish to linger over coffee/dessert/sandwich. There is a nice selection of wines.
Service is some times spotty. However no one ever seems to be in a hurry in Corrales. Locals drop in for lunch and to chat. You can sit inside or out year around.

• Visited December 2011