“The best place to stay in Columbus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martha's Place Bed & Breakfast Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
Martha's Place Bed & Breakfast Hotel
204 W. Lima, Box 587, Columbus, NM 88029   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbus B&B and Inns
Toronto
“The best place to stay in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Clean and friendly. Martha & Juan (proprietors) also live there, and their son made breakfast, which was good and filling. They don't serve dinner - I bought food as the grocery store 1/4 mi east of the B&B

Room Tip: I had a queen-sized bed on the second floor, similar to profile pic
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
visalia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

I have stayed at Martha's place many times.And I have never felt more at home at a B&B.In fact on all of my trips thruogh Columbus I am carrying oversize tanks.Martha and javier have always provided me a secure place to park my equipment.All of the drivers that work for me have stayed there and loved it.They ask me once in a while when can they go back to Martha's.I realy feel like a family member when I'm there.I would highly recomend Martha's to all you weary travelers,truck drivers,law enforcement personal,couples,singles,bikers,and vacationers.If you want a comfortable room,and a twilight zone trip to the old west then you must stay at Martha's.If you are country at heart you'll love it there.You may not enjoy yourself if you are a city person.Nathan Dotson Definite Transport & Tanks.Visalia Ca.

• Liked — great bed,shower,food
  • Disliked — tv reception
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

I have stayed at Martha's place several times and hope to stay many more times. It is clean, friendly and relaxing. Javier and Martha are wonderful inkeepers, with lots of wonderful stories to tell about Columbus and it's surroundings.
Breakfests are simple and you can eat in your PJ's if you so desire.
I highly recommend Marth'a place and I promise you won't be disapointed.

Stayed June 2006
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I was delighted with Martha's B&B. I found the host and hostess both charming and informative, the facilities adequate, the food great, and the view spectacular. This is good, because lodging choices in Columbus are limited to Martha's, and a rather grim looking motel.

My second floor room (#4) was fairly basic, and totally satisfactory. I chose it because of its French window opening onto a deck looking out over the center of town--the site of the Commerical Hotel burned in 1916, and beyond into Mexico. Obviously this window faces south, and gets plenty of sun. Since there's no air conditoning, summer travelers might want a rooms facing north. In April the big overhead fan and the breeze from the opened French door kept me comfortable.

Columbus isn't exactly a center of frenzied night life--or for that matter, frenzied day life-- so about the only thing there is do after one has soaked up the ambience is eat. I ate a late lunch at the Patio Cafe ( I don't recall the address--just ask anyone you see.) This place has a charming courtyard and serious hamburgers. Together with a huge portion of delightfully greasy French fries, I didn't eat again until my host Xavier made breakfast. No Nuevo Mexican cuisine here, just a plain downhome breakfast--bacon, eggs, home fries, hot buttered toast--and a side dish of green salsa. Judging from these meals, in Columbus cholosteral is not an issue...and I LUVED it! After all, I was on vacation. My breakfast was made even more pleasant by Xavier's company as he patiently answered my questions about Columbus.

A night in Columbus isn't for everyone, but for anyone interested in the history of this place, Martha's is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

We just stayed at Martha's Place. It is an absolutely charming B & B. Martha and her husband, Javier, took such care to ensure that our stay was memorable. We felt like house guests of old friends. It has such a cozy atmosphere, I recommend it highly. It certainly wins hands down over the cookie cutter motels in Deming.

• Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

Stayed at Martha's place for a week, No question about it We would go back, Place is cheerie, clean and Martha is a great host.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

Literally Martha's is the only place in town - because there is no other place.
We traveled with friends and the room that was offered was in use by the proprietor. The closet was full of clothes and miscellaneous items in the bathroom which was full of sand.
There is only 1 restaurant that is open only part time.
Stay here if you have to, otherwise drive back to Deming where there is a selection of hotels.

• Stayed June 2004
Still looking for a hotel?