“Motel 6 is now Motel 7.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Clovis

Motel 6 Clovis
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clovis
Motel 6 Clovis
You added Motel 6 Clovis to your Saves list
2620 Mabry Dr, On US Hwy 60/70/84, Clovis, NM 88101   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Clovis
Mason City, Iowa
“Motel 6 is now Motel 7.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

This motel has been bought by a family who have since renamed it Motel 7.

My husband I are currently living at this motel while he is working in Clovis. We were told we'd be here for only 4 weeks, so we didn't bother to attempt to find an apartment.

Upon arrival, the owner insisted on showing us the types of rooms they have before we actually booked it...there are King rooms, 2 double beds, and extended stay double rooms with small kitchens. He was very friendly and helpful, however there weren't any extended rooms available at the time, so we booked a King room. The room we were assigned didn't look like the room he had showed us, it had a different pattern, different furniture and the mini fridge and microwave he promised were not there. However, he had the maintenance guys bring in a brand new mini fridge and microwave, and installed a new tv, as the one before looked like it was about to fall off the wall mount. After everything was set, it was livable. The bed is a bit firm for my preference, but I've been comfortable for the most part. The a/c unit is pretty quiet and works well. The room is quiet and you don't hear too much from outside, unless there is someone very obnoxious.

Having stayed here for 8 weeks now, we definitely miss having more space, and on multiple occasions the room has begun to smell like stale cigarettes. It has not been determined if the smell comes from the laundry room below us or the room directly behind ours, but thankfully it doesn't happen often. We thought about asking to move, and I'm sure they would be fine with that, but we have too much stuff in here now to want to lug it around.

The maids are friendly and helpful, I even have the phone number for one so I can ask for towels or other items if I need it after they've done their rounds during normal hours. There are no cockroaches or spiders that I have seen, though there are lots of flies around, but that seems to be the standard everywhere in town, so as long as I don't keep my door open all the time, they mostly stay out.

If we were coming to Clovis again for a vacation (we wouldn't on purpose though, Clovis is boring) we'd stay somewhere else. However, Motel 7 is very well priced for weekly occupation, and if we were sent here for another short time we'd likely stay here again.

So...not a great "passing through" hotel unless you are on a tight budget, but is well enough to be livable if circumstances call for it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo

Been to Motel 6 Clovis? Share your experiences!