“Great service for a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Clovis
Gordon, Texas
“Great service for a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Clean, well run, modern hotel within a block or two of several chain restaurants. I thought it was a new hotel but was told it was 8 years old - definitely did not look it. Seemed to have been recently renovated. Well worth the price. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows! Breakfast was average but sufficient. Great place to stay while traveling through Clovis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amelie W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Clovis, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Clovis, NM and thank you for your great review! We make it our job to see that our guests are fully satisfied and leave wanting to return. It is our mission to see that you feel at home, even when you're away from home. Please come back and see us soon! Being the only hotel in Clovis with an outdoor, heated swimming pool, we invite you back to come and grill on our pool deck while enjoying family, friends and loved ones during the warm summer months ahead!

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you soon! :)

Amelie Williams | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way back to Texas after driving around in New Mexico for almost two weeks. When we got to Clovis, the air in the city smelled quite bad - reading other reviews some people mentioned the stockyards' smell, pretty sure that was it. Glad we didn't smell it inside of the hotel or I don't know if we would have stayed there for the night.

The hotel seems fairly new, the rooms are a good size and clean, big bathroom and nice shower, mini fridge and microwave in-room. The beds were decent and we slept fine. Breakfast was standard, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, juices, coffee, some fruit, ends at 9 AM during the week. They have an outdoor pool and whirlpool, fitness room. and laundry room, which we didn't have the time to use. I didn't use the wi-fi. Parking was free. Another good choice on the road, we've stayed in several Fairfield Inns from New Mexico to Florida in the past year while driving around and they don't disappoint.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel itself was pretty much what we expected. Rooms were modern, nice, and clean, as were the common areas. Breakfast was good. What made the difference was was the staff, from the manager to housekeepers. We had a frustrating problem with an online-booking site concerning our reservation which could not be rectified on the phone. The hotel manager quickly resolved the situation to our complete satisfaction. During our 3-day stay, we were always warmly greeted upon entering the lobby. In short, very satisfactory accommodations and super staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amelie W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Clovis, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Daniel,

Greetings from the Fairfield Inn & Suites here in Clovis, NM! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I recall your particular situation and I'm glad we were able to resolve it for you. Our staff is genuinely concerned about all of our guest stays and want you to have the best experience possible. I'm glad that we were able to provide that for you! As part of the Marriott brand, we enjoy all feedback from guests, good and bad, so that we are able to better accommodate you in the future. Due to all the amazing feedback, we will be upgrading our hot breakfast in April to include sausage and eggs in addition to our famous, fresh Belgian waffles!

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

Kind Regards,
Amelie Williams | General Manager
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This is my second visit for business and its clean and the staff are nice and friendly. I had no problem with the water pressure, per one of the other comments. But I agree, that the towels are rough, but I'm only here for two nights and that is such a minor concern. I would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast is served, although I only had coffee, which was ok. I like the fact that they left me a note stating, that because I left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door they respected my privacy and if I needed anything, since housekeeping was gone for the day, to call Guest Services and noted the date and time.....nice touch.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I get to Clovis once or twice a year and was so happy when the cluster of hotels on the north side of town were built. By all means, avoid the hotels along Route 60/84/70. The trains come though all night, in the summer you can smell the stockyards and the locals like to use them for party pads.

I find the staff here to be nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable and all have large bathrooms, refrigerators and microwaves. The last part is nice for me as I usually stay 2-3 nights at a time. There are nearby restaurants and I always have leftovers to re-heat. Do remember that you can not buy package goods in Clovis on Sunday, so stock up.

The breakfast is not huge by any standard, but there is plenty to choose from. Just as a tip, I get the egg biscuit from the refrigerator and remove the biscuit. I toast a fresh English muffin and nuke the egg part. Then I put it on the muffin. Much better than the nasty biscuit.

My only complaint is that the TV in the breakfast area is constantly tuned to FOX news, which after a while becomes quite tedious.

As for the rates, I can not figure out why these hotels all hover around the $100 / night range in this part of town, but they do. Do ask for weekend and AAA rates and you will save 10-20% here. There are the occasional events at Canon Air Force Base that fill the local hotels, so book in advance if you can.

Room Tip: Rooms along Prince Street may have a bit of road noise, but the rooms away from the street get the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This motel was nice and clean but the water left you feeling like the soap was still on your body. The water I suppose was too soft.
Also the towels were rough as sandpaper and I mean rough. Drying your body was like scrapping your skin. I don't know if it was the way they dried them or the soap they use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here on route to Colorado from Texas. I selected this hotel due to other reviews and glad I did! Easy to get in and out of this hotel. Glad it was away from main drag with noise and RR tracks. Comfortable bed and clean room. The staff is helpful and accommodating. There was a strange smell in this part of town, but it did not affect my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Liked being on higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Clovis? Share your experiences!