“Good hotel...but” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Good hotel...but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Enjoyed the stay, but left an expensive shirt by mistake. Called hotel that day saying I left it and they stated they would call me (or send it) to me (i offered to pay any shipping) right away. Three additional phone calls later, I still don't have the shirt. Hope someone is getting use out of it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Operations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Clovis, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Mark B.,

Hello...thank you so much for your recent review of the La Quinta Inn and Suites Clovis. We appreciate all our guests comments and are thrilled that you were happy with your stay. The entire staff makes it a point to welcome our guests and provide any service they need, so we are a little surprised and also terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your shirt.

I would love to hear from you so that I could collect a little more information about the item and the circumstances. Please feel free to contact me personally at andrea@premierhospitality.net. Again I want to thank you for your comments and hope to hear from you soon.

Andrea W.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I frequently stay at La Quinta Inns and were pleased to find that the Inn in Clovis was TripAdvisors' "top-rated hotel" in the city (#1 of the 14 hotels that have been reviewed by TripAdvisor Members). Based on the TripAdvisor reviews and our previous experience at La Quinta Inns, we made reservations for a two-night stay at this La Quinta.

For travelers who frequent La Quinta Inns, be prepared for a very different appearing La Quinta as you approach this Inn. Originally built by another national hotel chain, the property became a La Quinta about 8-10 years ago and, on the inside and outside, has a different appearance to it than the typical La Quinta property travelers are familiar with.

Unfortunately, the Inn is located on the northern outskirts of Clovis. For this reason, travelers passing through Clovis on Highways 60/84 will need to drive several miles north on Prince Street to find this La Quinta Inn.

The extra drive is worth the time and effort; guests will find a La Quinta that provides travelers with a spacious suite, including many extras for about $105.00 per night. Our suite was huge, clean, and had a very comfortable king-sized bed in it; the room included a microwave, refrigerator, sofa sleeper, and a desk. The Inn also has an indoor pool and whirlpool, a fully equipped business center, and complete WiFi service for guests.

We especially enjoyed La Quinta's famous "Bright Side Breakfast" in Clovis. It was excellent and one of the best of many breakfasts we have had at La Quinta Inns throughout the country. Our breakfast included a nice variety of hot and cold food items and several items that are usually not included on "Bright Side Breakfast Buffets." The lady in charge of breakfast took a special pride in her job. She worked hard to keep the dining area clean and made sure that there was plenty of food for all guests.

Richard Benavidez, the Inn's General Manager, Rosalinda, the Assistant Manager, and all members of the staff were pleasant and helpful. They did everything possible to make our stay in Clovis at "their Inn" a most relaxing and enjoyable one. The special packet of treats they had for La Quinta Rewards Members at check-in was a nice surprise and provided us with several delicious snacks.

Our two-night stay at this La Quinta Inn was a most enjoyable one. Certainly, the Inn lived up to its TripAdvisor rating as "The Best in Clovis." We will return to this Inn the next time we visit Clovis and highly recommend it to TripAdvisor Travelers seeking quality accomodations at a moderate price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Well hello there CPGTheATeam,

We wanted to thank you for your recent review of the La Quinta Inn and Suites Clovis. We appreciate all our guests feedback and always hope to hear that we were able to offer a comfortable stay and exceptional service. We are please to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you were satisfied with your stay and service. It is great to know that the hotel employees make our valued guests their top priority. We are very proud of our little La Quinta Employee Family. They are a fantastic group of individuals and we make it a point to let them know when one of our guests leaves a review with compliments on their service. And trust me, it makes their day!!

So again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay in Clovis, NM and would be honored and pleased to have you return to stay with us at the La Quinta Inn & Suites.

Andrea W.
Operations Manager
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and was very pleased with cleanliness and how friendly the staff was. The room was large and bed very comfortable. The breakfast buffet in the morning as a nice bonus. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

You have to go all way to the edge of town to get to the hotel; but it far better than the ones on 60/84. The rooms are nice and the service was awesome. Every time I walked through, I was greeted with a smile and the staff was really helpful. The price for the room was nice as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was stuck in Clovis NM for an extra night thanks to the penny-ante airline that flies into and out of Clovis Municipal Airport, and they put me up the La Quinta inn for my trouble. Needless to say I was not happy to be checking into a hotel across the street from the hotel I'd checked out of that morning, but the La Quinta staff were very accommodating and made my ill-fated extra night in Clovis as comfortable as they could.

I was brought to the hotel just before noon, and check in is at 3:00, but the lady at the desk was sympathetic and found a room for me with no trouble, allowing me to check in immediately. They provide lemonade and dangerously delicious cookies in the lobby, which also has a selection of hot and strong coffees available.

I was booked into a room with two queen size beds, which are very comfortable. Memory foam maybe? Super soft for an inch down but nice and firm underneath. I was very impressed and fell asleep almost immediately (Tosh 2.0 on the TV didn't do much to keep me up) for a couple hours. The room had a desk and office chair setup, as well as a sitting area with a love seat and armchair by the window. Air conditioning was in full effect, the room was colder than I like it even which is uncommon.

The bathroom was no frills and the fan was rather loud, but it was certainly clean and I don't expect the bathroom to be all that frilly anyway. The toilet flush was surprisingly loud, though, I actually thought something was broken. The toilet and shower stall are in the bathroom with the sink outside of the bathroom door, which I liked. Having a toilet in the same room as your toothbrush is never a good idea. A small fridge was in the room, as well as a microwave and coffee maker.

The TV was a decent size flat screen on a pivoting stand so as to be aimed at the sitting area or either bed. There's a good selection of channels as well: nearly 70! I was interested to note that the TV, just like at the Holiday Inn Express across the street, is set to start on FOX News. That's a conscious choice that someone made, and I wonder if FOX is paying the cable provider for the free publicity. FOX News fans will be glad to know that they won't have to read anything to find the channel: just turn on the TV.

The hotel provides free WiFi which was utter garbage. I'd connect, get a strong signal, and before the opening credits on my show were over it would drop connection. I'd get error messages in network status like "Limited Access," or "Reconnecting," or "Networks in Range," despite having had four bar connections seconds prior. An 800 number is on the desk for internet support, which was handy. I called tech support and was talked through a few diagnostics, after which the fellow said he couldn't access their server and that he was routing my ticket higher up, should be fixed within an hour. That's when the aforementioned comfortable bed got me, but three hours later when I woke up it was not fixed. I called back and was told that my ticket showed complete. I told the new guy it was not fixed, and he suggested I ask the front desk for an ethernet cable, which I did, which solved the problem. TLDR: just ask for an ethernet cable when you check in.

The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. This was my first stay in a La Quinta, and I was pleased with what I found. The pool and hot tub are indoor, which as with other hotels in Clovis is due to the wind and dust which fills outdoor ones quickly. They looked clean but I did not take advantage of them, nor of the apparently well stocked fitness center.

I didn't choose this La Quinta, the fly-by-night airline did, but it was as pleasant a stay as I could have asked for, considering I'm not even supposed to be here today.

Room Tip: Ask for an ethernet cable when you check in - the WiFi didn't work at all for me but the hardlin...