“Clovis Hampton” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Clovis
Gallup, United States
“Clovis Hampton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The check in process went very smoothly. the lobby area was appealing and very clean. The rooms were average but the upkeep and cleaning staff was below standard. Didn't clean room, had to demand it get cleaned. Toilet didn't work well and was not addressed while we were there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Niles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

staff is friendly, clean rooms, hot breakfast great place to stay.!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*()!~@!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

CANANDAIGUA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my first stay in Clovis. Except for the train that happens to be located directly across the street from this and all other hotels on the main drag, it was a rather pleasant stay. As a Diamond member I would without a doubt stay here again for my travels. The staff members were warm and helpful for my needs. Thank you and keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Helotes, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel and amenities are nice. A little short on seating for breakfast, but we were there on a spring break weekend, so it was very busy. For an average weekend it is probably fine. Beware, Clovis is a MAJOR train hub, and trains come and go all day and all night (like every 20-30 minutes). This hotel is right across from a train crossing, so if you stay here, ask for ear plugs from the front desk as trains blare their horns every 20-30 minutes, at night too. Unfortunately I didn't realize until the next morning the hotel offered ear plugs, so I had a miserable night sleep. Oh, and Clovis is also a cattle hub, so the stench of cow manure lingers in the air pretty much all the time. I would avoid staying in Clovis NM at all if you can.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mistie G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clovis, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the train. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I opted to book a room at The Hampton because I have been very pleased in the past when I've stayed in their hotels. The rooms are clean, the beds are beyond comfortable, the staff is pleasant and the breakfast is delicious. Their workout room is equipped with new exercise machines. Although, I didn't have an opportunity to workout on this trip, I will definitely do so on my next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I had a great time at this Hotel and sleeping for everyone was great. The breakfast is always the same and if the Hotel would consider changing the menu up some would get more people I think to stay for not only the sleeping Great but as well as eating Great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Aloha Everyone,
Paid a visit to Clovis, NM--my first ever--to visit my daughter who recently moved there. For non-residents, Clovis is a bit out in the middle of West Texas/Eastern New Mexico high plains nowhere, but surprisingly nice for being where it is. The Hampton Inn, Clovis is kinda like that too. First off (truth in advertising), I'm a little biased because I'm a Hilton Honors member and tend to select a Hilton brand in the absence of other compelling factors.

So, with that up front, I found the staff to be super friendly and welcoming. The room and bathroom were clean and brand appropriate (meaning...they looked just like every other Hampton Inn I've stayed in). The bed was comfy and I slept well. Towels clean and plentiful. Small fridge available. Free institutional breakfast (scrambled eggs/ pre-made omelets, waffles, cereal, etc.) I got a military rate which I thought was a good deal; I think the AARP and AAA rates are comparable. I did have an issue with the thermostat, but I got that figured out--I think the batteries were runnin' outta juice, so it took a little finagling to get it to adjust the temp. Maintenance Staff might want to check that...room 235. Minor annoyance, but not a showstopper. Strong wi-fi which I appreciated. Not much of a view and some subdued, muffled train noise even though I was in the back of the property.

Probably doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but I actually liked the place very much. To be clear, the occasional train whistle/horn wasn't audibly onerous once in the room and since I don't ever hear that here in Hawaii, I found it kinda charming in a lonesome, mainland, hobo train-hopping, "City of New Orleans," Arlo Guthrie kind-of-way. In sum, it was pretty quiet except for that and I stayed on a weekend when the potential for noise is generally higher.

In short, my overall impression was good. Not having tried the other hotels in town, I feel confident that its current ranking (#4) is probably pretty fair-- there are definitely some questionable looking, seedy establishments out there. Conversely, the Hampton Inn Clovis is totally a safe bet. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!