“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Good service and ok for a quick lunch. A quaint "BAR-B-QUE atmosphere". The beef was tender and tasty but my husbands was cold when it arrived.

Visited July 2014

Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
“Agh! I'm STUFFED! Again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Kenny is from Alabama, so this guy KNOWS his way around seafood! I've had catfish before, but Kenny's catfish is addicting! And his crab cakes? OMG! They taste like shellfish heaven! All crunchy and delicious! Dip them in a little Remoulade sauce, and they will take your taste buds to Nirvana and back! I think I heard the Hallelujah chorus! I don't know what this guy does to make his catfish taste the way it does, but I asked him to leave me his recipe in his will! I have never tasted catfish like this and probably never will again.

Sometimes, he goes back to Alabama and brings in fresh seafood when he returns to the mountains. Then he usually has some kind of amazing gumbo day or all you can eat shrimp or something equally delicious.

Then we have all of his amazing barbecue sandwiches, made fresh to order! The pork sandwiches are so tender and amazing, my husband cannot get enough of them! Everything we have ever tried so far at the Texas Pit has left us wanting more. Stop in and see Kenny and tell him the Breadman sent ya!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“BBQ, But...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Edible. The meat seemed ok as BBQ goes, but the sauce was from a bottle - a big, big bottle. And the goo on the cole slaw, an oversweet reminder that Sam's Club is only a day trip away.

Iconic spot, had wanted to try it for decades; will be decades before I return, I guess. Just not a memory-maker, overall.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“No Texas BBQ here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went to give it a try. Upon placing my beef rib order, I was told they only had pork ribs. I noticed the man maybe he's the cook, seemed annoyed. I felt regret after placing my order this wasn't going to taste good, as I realized there really wasn't that bbq smoked smell present. The corn on the cob was boiled or microwaved and the mashed potatoes weren't impressive. The pork ribs and sauce were a disappointment. I don't know why they have Texas in the name. Skip it!

“Ummm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I think they microwaved the pulled pork on my bun because the bun was soggy. The Mac and cheese was runny and bland the staff took a while to greet us and didn't really tend to us at all... Just disappointing go to Reodoso to can't stop smoking

• Visited May 2014