“This isn't Texas bbq” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Alamogordo
“This isn't Texas bbq”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Went there with my now husband, I recently moved to NM in August of 2013, and had lived in Ft.worth Texas all my life up until then.... This place has no business using Texas anywhere in there name... This is so far from what Texas bbq taste like... food was bland, my husband had to use the bbq sauce to even eat the food, and it was horrible.... would never go back...

Artesia, New Mexico
“Meat portions are small and very bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

So we decided to stop by this "Texas Pit Barbeque" joint on our way home since we were all very hungry and did not want to wait another 2 hours to eat. Well, my husband and I both left saying we should have just waited. Luckily our daughter enjoyed her chicken sandwich (yay :) ). We both ordered dinners with different meat portions and the chicken, pork ribs, and brisket were all very bland! :( Luckily my sausages were not, well because of course those are packaged and premade. The barbeque sauce made eating the meat portions a little easier. The corn on the cob was frozen and then boiled. (yuck!) Oh and our bill for a party of 3 was over $42.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“First and last visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Took a two meat dinner plate for the road...asked for brisket and beef ribs, however they only had pork ribs, oh well. Ok smell was good, however brisket had no flavor, even with the bbq sauce, the pork ribs were rough. Not sure if they really have them smokes.The mashed potatoes had white gravy, I prefer it with brown. The piece of corn on the cob was alright.

Arlington, Texas
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This homey little restaurant is a fixture in Cloudcroft. Atmosphere is okay - typical barbeque joint. Food is so-so. Hamburgers look and taste like they came out of a freezer package from a warehouse store. Sauces and toppings have the same general taste. The food isn't bad; it's just pretty plain. On the plus side, prices are quite low - maybe $6.50 for an entree plate.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Not a restaurant to visit a second time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've been to this little bbq joint some time back and it was good so my family looked forward to going again when we went to see the fall foliage. Big mistake! No problem with service except that I asked about a shrimp poboy to see what she said and she kind of shook her head and said she'd order the catfish poboy so I immediately decided to order a chopped bbq pork sandwich and a side of pinto beans instead. The pinto beans were good but the sandwich bread was mushy and fell apart, pork had no taste though the bbq sauce helped a bit. My husband ordered a cup of chili and a green chili burger with an ear of corn. He said his burger was tasteless, the ear of corn was nasty tasting (I tried it and he was right) and the cup of chili tasted like someone had just poured some pasta sauce over the meat and beans. My special needs child had a corn dog basket with fries. We agreed hers was the best but it was probably right out of a box. We didn't complain but vowed not to return. It looked like a family owned it now - possibly the restaurant had changed hands since we had last been there. Not much of an atmosphere - just a simple place but maybe we should have been warned as the sign in front of the seating area outside indicated enter at your own risk! What's up with that? Next time we'll look for something with more cars in front - one restaurant just down the street was packed at 2 in the afternoon. Should have known...

• Visited October 2013