“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Manzana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chimayo
Rancho Manzana
You added Rancho Manzana to your Saves list
Hcr 64 Box 18, 26 Camino de Mision, Chimayo, NM 87522   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Chimayo B&B and Inns
Mission, Kansas
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was our favorite B&B from our NM trip. The property is beautiful, peaceful and quiet. We stayed in one of the guest cottages. It was beautiful. The lily pond was wonderful and our view of the fields was too. We enjoyed the puppies and chickens. I wish we could have stayed one more night there. Jody was great. She made dinner reservations for us. We loved breakfast, eggs benadict, fuit and yogert, potatoes and especially enjoyed talking with Jody about the Chimayo area. This is a place for those who enjoy nature and want to understand the people and culture of the area.

Room Tip: The cottage was nicely decorated in soothing shades of gray, cream and blue. Air conditioning is no...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We decided to swap the big wedding for a more intimate destination event in NM with six weeks and counting. We chose Rancho Manzana and we could not have chosen better. Throughout the compressed wedding planning, Jody was incredibly resourceful, creative, and full of great recommendations--from 1,172 miles away she helped to keep a busy bride to be calm and stress free. Once we arrived, I knew we had picked the perfect place for our wedding. The house and the grounds are gorgeous and without pretension, the rooms are comfy and cozy, breakfast can't be beat, the resident dogs and cat are sweet and friendly, and most importantly Jody and her staff are true pros who offer incredible warmth and good conversation along with all the rest. Every detail Jody took care of was perfect, as was our wedding. I just can't gush enough so my return visits will have to suffice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Chimayo is a unique place, and Rancho Manzana makes a gorgeous, special place to stay. The grounds, a working farm/orchard, are beautiful. The food is exceptional, the rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated without being overly new-mexico-chic. There's even a cat and a couple of irresistably cute dogs wandering around so you can get your pet fix while you're away from home. We actually held our wedding and reception here, and it couldn't have gone better. Jody was an incredible help with arranging, coordinating and making sure that everything went smoothly. The table was beautiful, the service charming and the dinner was spectacular. If you're looking for a really special place to stay - or get married - I can't say enough great things about Rancho Manzana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was so happy to use Trip Advisor to find Rancho Manzana. I had another place in mind and thought I would give Trip Advisor a shot for the first time. Glad we did. Rancho Manzana was perfection for our mini-retreat driving cross-country from NY to Oregon. The grounds were beautiful, serene and tucked away. We enjoyed the greetings by the dogs each morning as we went to breakfast and what AMAZING breakfasts we had, all prepared by Jody. Jody gave us amazing dinner recommendations and tourist recommendations (drive to Abiquiu!). After spending time in Santa Fe and Taos, we were glad that we didn't stay in either of those locations. We were away from the hustle and bustle for sure. The stars were incredible. There is a hot tub that we didn't get to use and a fridge on the premise so that was helpful. We loved it here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. Jody was a great hostess and her breakfast was marvelous, the best of many b&bs where we have stayed. The room was a joy to be in. When we are passing through again we will surely stay at Rancho Manzana again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CALABASAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was returning to Santa Fe from a climbing trip, and because of good reviews, decided to spend a night at Rancho Manzana. I arrived pretty tired, in need of some rest. Wow, was I happily surprised. Jody, the owner, walked me through a verdant, quiet property with shade trees and acres of vegetable gardens, all beautifully tended. I had a casita to myself, done with excellent taste. The large deck looked out onto the gardens, with green all around. Just the right medicine for my tired bones. Then a dramatic thunder and lightning storm rolled in, and what a show! The property is situated far off the road, so nights are silent, excellent for sleeping. The lovely kitchen the next morning was set up with fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. We had a comfortable conversation; Jody knows all the back roads and the best sights in Northern New Mexico, so you can plan the rest of your stay over breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was the best version of eggs benedict that I've ever had. You can repair to the hammock, swing for awhile, drinking in the cool morning before getting on your way. I plan to take my wife back, even though Rancho Manaza is only about 15 miles from our home. It's a great getaway; all your senses will be satisfied.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I spent 4 nights at Rancho Manzana and enjoyed every moment. Its a beautiful and peaceful place that is well located for day trips to Santa Fe, Taos or Abiquiu. Jody is a wonderful host who is happy to talk and answers questions, but is also very respectful of her guests privacy. The breakfast was amazing! Lots of delicious, homemade food that kept me going for most of the day. This is a wonderful place and I plan to stay here next time I in the area. It's a great place to use as a base to see the sights or to just relax, use the hot tub or read a book. By the way, my bed was really comfortable and cozy- nothing rickety about it! The room was also really clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Rancho Manzana? Share your experiences!