“What a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
The Villages, Florida
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We came here with some friends who knew about this wonderful place. Had a wonderful meal although the service could have been a little better. The place was absolutely beautiful and interesting. The food was great and the drinks were strong. We had a very good time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Centerville, Ohio
1,374 reviews 1,374 reviews
2,618 helpful votes 2,618 helpful votes
“Rancho De Chimayo is about 100 yards off the highway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are experiencing a ten-day holiday from Albuquerque to Santa Fe to Taos, and we know to plan time for pueblos and small towns that delight our 40 + year holidays to the Santa Fe area.

Culture, history, art, geography, and great meals are our goals. We have accomplished all goals and my plastic is a bit lighter.

The Ortega shop at the entry to Chimayo requires three hours of purchases; the missions of Chimayo are a must visit.

We like Rancho De Chimayo as a lunch or dinner destination. Do be on the alert because Rancho De Chimayo is about 100 yards off the highway, and is not well marked. Rancho De Chimayo will specialize in South Western cuisine. The large parking lot may appear full, but management knows how to keep visitors pleased.

There may be 7-9 indoor dining rooms of various sizes, and there were two tour busses in the parking lot. The tour groups were segregated into party rooms, and most were retirees who did not enjoy bar service.

The bar actually is inviting and well stocked. There are no televisions in the restaurant. There is a nice gift shop attached.

My wife and I chose the wonderful sunshine of the upper deck. We ordered steak fajitas (Christmas,) margaritas, and sopapillas with the best honey ever. In spite of 120+ diners, Rancho De Chimayo provided excellent service. Rancho De Chimayo is a thriving business models for many U.S. restaurants.

We highly recommend a detour to Rancho De Chimayo. The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gilmer, Texas
“HEAVEN in New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Awesome food, awesome drinks, awesome service.....did I say AWESOME everything???? Well, I should have. The drive was a delight...stop at the little antique place on the way and visit the church for sure. We all ordered different things and no one was disappointed and no food was left on the plate. My chili relleno was....again....AWESOME!!!! Will go back again and again....try it, you will NOT regret it!!!!

Visited October 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Don't visit real often but look forward to dining there when we are in the area. Food quality and service is always good.

Visited June 2012
Chicagoland, Illinois
“Don't drive past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I initially drove past this gem on my way into the village of Chimayo. Had I not turned around I would have missed a memorable New Mexican lunch. It was after two o'clock in the afternoon and the restaurant was quite busy though I was seated immediately. I ordered a sopapilla with green chili sauce and iced tea which were promptly served. The flavor and texture of the food were so pleasing I could not stop eating even when I was no longer hungry. The more than ample portion of food would have been perfect for sharing. I certainly recommend Rancho de Chimayo if you are in the area.