“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 restaurants in Capitan
Cuisines: American
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We walked in for lunch on Easter Sunday minutes before an early closing for the holiday. No problem and no rush. Fantastic Easter ham meal with all the trimmings. Some of the best food I have eaten. Great, friendly service. Wish I was a local!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Roswell, New Mexico
“Most delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Every time I go to Capitan (even if I take only a shortcut up to Ruidoso), I make a point to visit Smokey Bear Restaurant! Their Taco-Salad is the best I have ever had - and that says a lot! Last week I tried the new Chickenfried Steak with Green Chile Sauce instead of gravy! Why didn't anybody else have that idea yet! Love, love, love! On top of that friendly family service - always a smile for you. And they have home-made pies! Tried the Pecan Pie - need I say more? ;)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Mexican Meal on our travels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had to stop for a restroom break. While waiting I was checking out the meals being served. When I saw this one ladies Mexican, I just had to have some, as we got burned in Las Vegas and hadn't had the opprotunity to have some since. Convinced my wife to stay as she wasn't that hungry but it was certainly delicious! I was so glad that I saw that lady's plate that I paid her lunch. Its funny how you come across great restaurants by accident and this was one of them and thats why I'm also taking the time to write this review. Can't go wrong here. The staff was also very friendly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
dallas
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate here for lunch after visiting Lincoln and then the Smokey Bear Monument. It was very cute, had wonderful staff and very yummy food! This is worth the stop if you are in town and hungry!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice littel diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice simple diner with fast service of decent fresh food. Decor is rustic but clean. Service excellent

• Visited October 2012