“Trip to Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bernalillo
Chicago, Illinois
“Trip to Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I just returned from a fabulouse trip to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, NM. It is an amazing event one should experience at least once in their lifetime. From walking the grounds waiting for the balloons to go up to the evening balloon glow & the amazing firework display put on in the evening.

We chose to stay at the Days Inn Bernalillo, NM. Great location off the expressway very convenient. Over all the hotel seems to have a 2 star rating & I knew that when I booked the hotel. The hotel in general was fine for the rate I got for the weekend. But I must point out 2 things that really must be addressed. The bath towels, litterially felt like sand paper. They were very rough, they diffently needed to add softner to the wash. The heating & cooling system was so loud you couldn't keep the unit on while you slept. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was clean. I'm sorry to say I would not return unless improvements were made with how their items are laundered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
spidey78, Manager at Days Inn Bernalillo, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hello, first I would like to take the time to thank you for writing a review and your recommendations. I value your input, and I have addressed your issues, our linens are much softer! Next year if you return to see the amazing Balloon Fiesta I do look foward to seeing you again! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
CORPUS CHRISTI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Location is great. Bed was worn down on one side. Stayed on 2nd floor and had someone come in late around midnight making noise then again at 4:30 in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hello! Please know that your issues have been addressed. Our location is great, between Santa Fe and Albuqerque NM. Hopefully next time you are in the area you visit us. We look foward to having you as a guest again! Next time we could recommend a really good resturant like Sadies, which is located in the Santa Ana Star Casino only 3 minutes up the road! Again, thank you for choosing our hotel, happy holidays!
Las Cruces
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The ADA room with roll-in shower was very nice, except for the lack of counter space in the bathroom. It would have being a better stay with a couple of large well placed shelves in one corner and by the sink.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

SAN ANTONIO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everything about the hotel was fine, except taking a cold shower the first morning. The problem was that they simply ran out of hot water, and by the time someone came to check out the problem, it was hot again. So, he looked at me like I didn't know hot from cold, but I do. I thought an apology would have been nice. It was the only problem during my stay, but I do not like to take cold showers!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Lakeside, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were traveling east, and had a visit nearby at relatives. They suggested the hotels in that area. We stopped at the Days Inn, for the night. We used our AAA card for better rates. The room was clean and smelled good. The bed was NOT comfortable we did not sleep well. I was able to get enough ice to keep the food things we were carrying cool. The internet did not work; I called the front desk and told them that the signal was too weak, and asked if the CAT 5 line worked. I really do not expect young people to not have a clue. He had no idea what the CAT 5 line was, nor if there really was one there in the room. His answer was, we were at the end of the hall, 110, and the signal didn’t reach that far???? How about a repeater? Duh? My option was to drag my laptop to the lobby to work? How is that convenient? Breakfast was ok, the clerk who was working the area either was really new, lost, or ???
We came down about 6:45 to eat, many things were not out. The tables were not clean; we had to get a cloth to clean our table. My feeling was that the prep had not been done; otherwise everything would be at the clerk’s fingertips, and ready to be put out. There was no butter, when someone asked; he announced that he had to go next door for it??? Next door?? The Ramada?? It took him 10 minutes to get back. This operation is unnecessarily clunky. The breaker had apparently flipped, because of the load, he had to stop and go re-set it. Call the electrician and get the service you need there. In the middle of all this some one, who appeared to be a manager appeared, he did manage to pick up 2 little pieces of paper off of the floor, otherwise he did nothing but stand around for a while, than announced he was going back over.(??) The plant is fine, the service needs work. 9-22

Room Tip: if you expect to use internet make sure you have a room close enough to the router. They have no cl...